WR's 2017 Spring Garden

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh my, you Texans know how to make a garden! My puny little garden is jealous (and so am).

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is the most amazing neat garden I have ever seen!! It is just beautiful. Looks so immaculate and everything looks so healthy. Put's us all to shame. ;) Be sure to keep us posted. Want to see the progress with pictures. I can't believe that there are no bug bites on any of those leaves.

Mary

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This morning I harvested most of the radish. I'll replant more tomorrow.

Radish_Harvest_051317.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your garden is so nice! Here I was, all excited because the tomatoes are blooming and have a few tiny green marbles on them-and you post pics of big green tomatoes that are ready to ripen! We had weather that night temps dropped to the low 40's at night and everything I planted sulked and refused to grow. But not the Zucchini!!! I missed a few days picking zucchini and now have a pile of green-clad cord wood on the kitchen counter! Oh well, I'll shred it for zucchini bread and pack 2 cups to a package. Or maybe we'll have the neighborhood kids over and play zucchini baseball with the lemon squash I have. :lol:

Be sure to post pictures of ripe tomatoes and tag @seedcorn since it looks like you are far, far, out in front of me.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You southerners are so hateful. Such abuse we northerners have to take. Yes, by all means, show us your ripe tomatoes......
And don't be surprised if I come help myself....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup, w_r_ranch, you're gonna have to take up my slack, stand proud for Texas and post those ripe tomato pictures! Some of these Nawthurners are so jealous of our growing season and heap the complaints on us, but thankfully, they stay where they are!

To anybody interested in moving; INDIANA IS A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE. MOVE THERE NOW!! SEEDCORN WANTS MORE NEIGHBORS!

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This morning I harvested 13 jalapenos that will be stuffed to go along with tonight's fajita supper. They're 5" long & beautiful!!!

Japs_052017.jpg

The first batch of eggplant are ready for harvest as well, unfortunately we are expecting a lot of rain over the next 4 days so I guess I'll be frying them in the house so Mrs. Ranch can start making Eggplant Parmesan...

I continued weaving the squash vines up the bull panel trellis. While checking the tomatoes, I found 4 ripe Romas so I grabbed them, some tomatillos, serrano peppers & cilantro to make a batch of Salsa Molcajete. Life is good here at the ranch!!!

Salsa _Fix'ins.jpg

Salsa_Molcajete.jpg

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yesterday was a very long & busy day here... I started by harvesting 21 eggplant & made the homemade seasoned breadcrumbs. After peeling & slicing them 3/8" thick, we hauled everything down to the party barn & got them fried up (this is always a 2 person job). Afterwards, Mrs. Ranch made the Eggplant Parmesan while I put the excess raw eggplant into the dehydrator (for later use).

Eggplant_Harvest_052717.jpg

Seasoned_Homemade_Breadcrumbs.jpg

Eggplant_Parmigiana_Before.jpg

Eggplant_Parmigiana_After.jpg

Latest posts