You Don't Know Dirt

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, I was wondering, Collector and digitS, did you watch the Dirt program? :caf Anything groundbreaking ? ;) Just wondering... I thought I'd let you guys critique it first before I gave it a go.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I watched it at meal time.

Unfortunately, the environmental damage segment was on the screen about the same time that the food arrived on the table. Then, I had to look at the early stages of compost making . . . .

After that, the screen went all green and colorful! I was able to enjoy my carrot muffin dessert :)! (Thank you Vfem for that recipe!)

I think the theme is that we are all responsible for preserving a critically important resource. The decisions we make are, therefore, of critical importance and yet they amount to kitchen table choices.

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just ordered Dirt- The Movie from Netflicks. Not sure if it was the same program- but it is a documentary on the subject. Should receive it next week. I'll let you know...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
I think the theme is that we are all responsible for preserving a critically important resource. The decisions we make are, therefore, of critical importance and yet they amount to kitchen table choices.

Steve
A kitchen table choice- meaning being aware of where your food comes from ,and how it's grown? It's interesting to me how 35 and more years ago (35 years ago is just when I became aware of the concept) organic gardening was so fringy in the mainstream thought. My landscaping teacher in H.S. scoffed at it and made me feel rather silly for defending it. Now it's become so hip...:cool:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is more of an "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" (Gandhi) sort of thing.

The industrialization of food production has changed and is changing the world.

S'

Latest posts