You HAVE to LOOK at this! Amazing!

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm surprised I get any wildlife at all in my yard, my neighbors spray their yards/lawn all the time.

Do you think he was hatched like this or was his foot injured?

CityChook

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Catalina, I was reeling in my green hose tonight and when I grabbed it, got a handful of green froggie with it. Gah! They are cute little guys, but come on...

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
CityChook said:
Catalina, I was reeling in my green hose tonight and when I grabbed it, got a handful of green froggie with it. Gah! They are cute little guys, but come on...
Ewwwwwww!

GardenGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We have the spring peepers here, drives my DH to maddness with the spring mating singing.) They come I guess because of the pool. We open the pool and a few hang around our deck, but this year I am putting a few frog houses in my garden to try to keep the bugs down that way. I hate to use insecticides or fungicides.

Will insecticidal soaps or home powdery mildew recipees harm them? I had a problem last year with powdery mildew and with the last week of rain, first sign of it, I'm spraying the zucchini.

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Catalina said:
I think the frog is deformed due to your neighbor's spraying pestisides as you mentioned. Amphibions are very sensitive.

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Catalina said:
I think the frog is deformed due to your neighbor's spraying pestisides as you mentioned. Amphibions are very sensitive.
I think it depends on where he hatched out. Remember, they start as tadpoles, so if he was in a contaminated pond, it's likely that that's the reason he has a gimpy leg. I definitely think it's a deformity and not an injury.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
those are really beautiful pictures and so he is a little different ..I agree with BBH it is probably pestisides they are really damaging to the little polywogs

we have over the past three years had frogs come back prior to that all our neighbors used the Lawn services who use one chemical after another to make green grass..there has been a HUGE outreach in our communty because of the Puget Sound being literally at our feet ...and do to this folks have stopped with the chemicals and realized you can grow lawns with out them....in just three years the frogs are back and it is so soothing to hear them at night ...

I hope that little guy does ok with his foot issues ...we all have issues he looks strong and happy where he is

thanks for sharing I have gone back and looked so many times because it is just so beautiful a shot you captured!

Latest posts