You know, Santa Delivers

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two days of that ... sometime after a 30 minute walk.

The fifth winter of either the outdoor mile with the cane and some speed or the indoor mile with some arm waving ;).

Steve

Conductor @digitS' ! :)

you know that Artie Johnson was always a hero of mine... and Lily Tomlin too... :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Umm, I'm trying to understand the reference.

Is it just too historical or just verrry interestingly hysterical?

Steve

the first reference (to the conductor is to you waving your cane around for balance :) ). the other line is to the show Laugh-In. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
K, I did some research ...

Lily Tomlin:
What if it's boring - or if it's not boring, it might be too revealing, or worse, it might be too revealing and still be boring.
_________

Arte Johnson:
Every morning I wake up and I touch my shoes 25 times.

Dan Rowan:
No fooling.

Arte Johnson:
Then I get out of bed and I put them on.

😁 Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve. Keep it up.

Okay, I have 10 days of doing some sorta series of these. Lately, 15-15-15.

Do you think that, maybe, I should sometime increase the numbers or, maybe, add some weight?

It seems a little hard on the joints but I'm not twingy or sore an hour or so later, as I was at first. I'm not thinking of jumping it up to another level for, maybe, about a week. Just wondering what another level would be.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, I have 10 days of doing some sorta series of these. Lately, 15-15-15.

Do you think that, maybe, I should sometime increase the numbers or, maybe, add some weight?

It seems a little hard on the joints but I'm not twingy or sore an hour or so later, as I was at first. I'm not thinking of jumping it up to another level for, maybe, about a week. Just wondering what another level would be.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve were talking about you doing squats correct? If no weights are being used you can increase your reps to 20-20-20.
If weight is used it has to be light to start with. The heavier the weights the less reps you do. But to do so you need to be holding a kettlebell or something around 18 lbs and then squat. I’m not sure how your balance is and I’m also concerned about your joints hurting. Soreness is good, hurting is not. Do you take any glucosamine for your joints?

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No glucosamine.

Does sitting on and rising from a kitchen chair count as a squat? That's the 15-15-15 exercise. I hadn't thought of an 18# ball.

That would fit with how I'm holding my hands. I'm not using them to push myself up, just holding them in front, at chest height usually with digitS' interlaced.

I'd imagined something on the shoulders and wasn't sure if that wouldn't add a whole heck of a lot to the standing effort. Maybe a wet bathtowel 😜 ?! One weight in each hand might add to balance problem.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, sitting and rising from a chair counts for you as a squat. If your hands are free and you have no problem with balance I would use a kettlebell. A kettlebell is round but with a handle. You would hold the round part with both hands as you squat. With holding the handle you could do shoulder to overhead arm raises. So the kettlebell is versatile.

I have read article of seniors starting to workout and they have amazing improvements within 6 months.

Keep it up Steve! I'm proud of you.

Mary

Latest posts