You know some Americans were injured today

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aside from a few democrats, just where is all of the discust and anger from the progressives, bleeding hearts, black lives matter, rev. jackson ( one of the police officers that was shot is black ), protesters, etc. ???? :caf I , for one, am totally dissapointed. All of the above do everything possible to divide this country that bring out the crazies and gives them courage to act out,and frankly it has to STOP !!!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
According to my resources, no true Americans were injured. They were practicing at another field some distance away. That is the reason a 2-day old fire in England took much of the media's attention yesterday. Nothing to see here. No need to dig further into WHY once it was known the "suspected perpetrator" was not a Tea Party member.

Besides, what's most important to take away from the baseball event is that President Obama had death threats and even Nancy Pelosi, herself, has had them. How terrible for them.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hesitated to post on this thread but threw caution to the wind.
The United States is our closest neighbor and I count so many Americans as my friends. I just hate seeing all the conflict going on right now. So much unrest, so many tragedies, so much bitterness and hate, it doesn't solve anything, it just makes things worse. Every night when we watch the news after dinner it really breaks my heart.
In my mind both parties should put their differences aside and work together for the good of the country, stop it from being torn apart.
Forget about dishing the other party and work together, what is done is done. Make America great again? don't have to, it already is.
It's so important to get out and vote regardless who you support, hopefully things will turn around in the near future. Sending you all the biggest of hugs.
Annette

Last edited:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Update on Rep. Scalise's condition: Internal injuries, severe bleeding, more operations needed

Medstar Washington Hospital Center has released an update on the condition of Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana, who was shot at a congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, Va., on Wednesday.

"Congressman Steve Scalise sustained a single rifle shot to the left hip. The bullet travelled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding. He was transported in shock to MedStar Washington Hospital Center, a Level I Trauma Center. He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding. He has received multiple units of blood transfusion. His condition is critical, and he will require additional operations. We will provide periodic updates."

Latest update: Scalise's condition improves, but more operations and long hospital stay expected >>

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
"An excellent recovery is a good possibility."

The Republican baseball team was practicing early Wednesday ahead of an annual charity game when a gunman who had ranted against President Trump opened fire wounding Scalise and others in the ball field outside Washington.

Witnesses said the shooting would have been a "massacre" if not for the Capitol Police officers on duty as part of Scalise's security detail and the gunfight that ensued as local law enforcement arrived.

Capitol Police Special Agent Crystal Griner was shot in the ankle but was recovering at the hospital.

"She’s in good condition and she’s in good spirits," Sava said.

A congressional staffer and lobbyist were also shot, and another congressman and police officer suffered injuries.

The congresswoman's wife, Jennifer, issued a statement Friday thankful for "the incredible amount of prayers and warm wishes we have received."

The shooting cast a somber mood over Washington and momentarily tamped down the partisan fighting. Thursday night's annual Congressional Ball Game drew record crowds and, despite an 11-2 rout by Democrats over Republicans, the GOP team took home the trophy as lawmakers dedicated the game to Scalise.

Latest posts