You know what I hate about ordering chickens??

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When I ordered my chickens the beginning of this month, the FIRST AVAILABLE DATE was 16July. I figured... oh well... they won't be here for Bugs birthday, but she know she's getting them so no big deal.

I go to check my order today, and watch the ADORABLE little video that Meyer has on their Easter Eggers page... and low and behold they have 5/29 available!!! :barnie

I'm going to call them today and see if I can get my shipment moved up without any penalties. Lets hope!! I WANT MY CHICKS!!!

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've never ordered from Myers, but I'm guessing they will change the delivery date if you call them and sweet talk them. You know, "Oh please, it's my daughter's birthday..." Crossing my fingers for you. :fl

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well... I would say that it's not good business... but MyPetChicken did it too.. LOL

Maybe they had more eggs and less orders than they thought they would? I dunno

I'm going to call them now and see....

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:weee :ya :weee

My chickens should be here by the 01June!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who knows what happened? They may have had a cancelled order so some more became available. Or maybe they candled and now expect a better than average hatch. This is probably one that it is best to not overthink but just be glad it worked out welll for you.

By the way, congratulations.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Okay... so.. When I talked to them about my order... and made sure I was only getting 8 birds and not 14... I asked her what kind of bird it would be. She said she didn't know, but it would be a dual purpose breed hen.

So... I don't know what all the dual purpose breeds are but of the ones I checked out (Plymouth Rocks, Wyandottes, Australorps, and Delawares) the Barred Rock (they didn't even have Plymouth Rock so I'm assuming it's close to the same??) and Black Australorp are both listed as available for my ship date.

Any other ones I should look at???

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Orpingtons are considered a dual purpose too, but in my experience they aren't great layers. They do go broody though...at the drop of a hat.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well that would be a good thing if I wanted to raise some more chicks! Which is a possibility!

But they're not available for my ship date... :p

Latest posts