You want to test seeds for free?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How do you get started? it looks like you have to search for the seeds you want, i'd be interested to get some seeds.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ok I figured it out then lost the page :( and can not figure it out again would you mind giving some remedial instructions on how you filled your basket? it is kind of confusing!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just type in the common name of the seed you are looking for...exp: corn, eggplant, carrot, ect. (Some will send you actual plants, or cuttings, or bareroot and not just seeds!!!)

A list will come up, and when you find what you would like cllick on the link to look at the details, some have photos to see what you are getting) IF it is available you will see a spot that says 'Availability' with a link 'request this germplasm'. Click on that and it will put it in your cart. It will automaticially take you to the cart, so under your cart is another search link... continue ordering and searching as long as you want. It never maxed me out and I ordered about 40 items.

I decided to give some peanuts a try as well as raspberry bush cuttings!!!

It looked like fun... plus I got 2 things of carrots, 2 things of cabbage, 2 different asparigus, and about 5 things of onions!!! How exciting!

I was told by the girl who shared this, she had some stuff in as little as 3 days from when she ordered, the rest within a week. Some of your stuff is coming from other countries not just other states!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LOL,

I am giggling because it seems so illegal. Really? Free stuff like that?

I swear they are going to lock us up, first they have to identify us, and then they offer us free seed. LOL ROFL :lol::lol:

I really feel a bit like a squirrel right now. <giggling again>

OK, do I dare look into this? If I don't return I donate my garden to the squirrel-folk. :D:D

Ron

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ok I ordered 24 things and it was way easier than I had made it seem

it does seem almost illegal it was so easy!

I am very excited ...let's keep each other posted

I ordered a lot of garlic and tomatoes

i wanted to order flowers but I have no idea what the names are of the ones I like I am so flower illiterate!!!

NU CHICK

Sprout
Reaction score
Ok I'm new here although I've been checking this forum out for some time. :) (Im a secret spy) LOL

I saw this post and I had a couple of questions when placing the order. It askes:

1) Organization
2) Describe your planned research use of this NPGS Germplasm

Can you please let me know what you put in these areas?

Thanks!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My organization was just 'Fogl's Roost'. Its the name of our 'homestead'/Farm Whatever... I live in suburbia on an acre! LOL

I said my plans were to test the soil on my land, and the best produce that would grow in our zone for our soil type. Sounded good enough to me!

Good luck!

I will post here for sure when everything comes.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow,

Just incredible. I do have some questions.

How is this provided, as far as shipping? Who is paying for this?

I did go to the link to make your request and saw that there needs to be a "define research" field.

I am a business because I can sell plants at our Farmer's Market, so I guess I can list my company name as the organization. I also read their Mission Statement and their Vision Statement and I can see how clearly a "research" criteria could be presented.

Vision: The ARS vision is to lead America towards a better future through agricultural research and information.

So I could say "Planting for the Renewal of Urban Sustainability"

This would cover me for sure :rolleyes: because I am being honest, I simply chose things I would love to grow because it is those things that provide me with the ability to become self-sustaining.

Ron

I am a bit scared at receiving a big Shipping Bill when this is all said and done. I am making sure that I only choose seeds and only from United States locations for fear of weight infringements and long distance costs. I could not imagine how much it would cost to get something from another Country.

Latest posts