Your boring/interesting/exciting Weather!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is your weather like?.!? Here:

Interesting
that after 2 weeks with not a moment above freezing, the weather warmed on the 8th and I got up to 39F yesterday morning! It even rained a little thru the day but mostly, the wind blew . . ! About 24 hours with gusts above 30mph. Not outrageously windy but it melted a little snow right up to 5,000 foot elevation and above!

Today is kind of a ho hum day and since it was 25 to start off and remains below freezing, walking out where the snow has been cleared off the ground is like walking on week-old cake. The icing is a crust but whatever is below could be sunk into up to the ankles! I don't know that the ground has frozen this winter down more than a couple of inches. We are back to that and the only BIG question is how low will the thermometer go overnight and thru the weekend?!

The 8 to 10 day outlook is for below normal temperatures so we may be back to single digitS' real soon and may have that below-zero weather I have been anticipating :/. Uh oh, it is beginning to snow . . .

Steve

noaa.gif

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm near you, in the Tri Cities area of Washington. We've had mostly overcast days since mid-November, but except for a couple weeks total, the temps have not been that bad. Kind of a roller-coaster ride temp-wise. It was barely above freezing for the highs for a while, then we had a few 50 degree days, now it's struggling to reach 40. Can't complain, tho...I was raised in the midwest, near the Mississippi, and those cold winter days lasted f-o-r-e-v-e-r!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're having a warm spell here in SE Missouri. High about 56 today and raining. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 60. I hope things don't start budding out. :/ I want my winter now, not in April!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry, its been FABULOUS here... somewhere between 70 and 72 this weekend.

Next week will cool down, but I don't care. I'll be in Florida the whole time! hahaha :lol:

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
Sorry, its been FABULOUS here... somewhere between 70 and 72 this weekend.

Next week will cool down, but I don't care. I'll be in Florida the whole time! hahaha :lol:
That might be a record high temp. for January!!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has warmed up quite a bit, averaging the 50's, but we're supposed to get a lot of rain over the next few days. Good thing...'cause my cistern is dry. DH forgot to cork the hose after disconnecting the pump for winter. :/

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not sure what it was all about but there is some sort of competition amongst the Weather Channel "personalities" regarding predictions. It is called a "Fantasy Snowfall League" :rolleyes:. Stephanie Abrams won something today based on Spokane Washington having some 10 inches of snow.
:idunno

Our newest storm in this neck of the woods came out of Canada and slid down the Selkirks. There was already a fair amount of snow around despite that warm windstorm we had day before yesterday. But this stuff, I swept half of my walks with a broom! It is like powdered sugar - light, sparkly crystals!

Have to "man up" and carry the shovel around to the front of the house now . . . Yep, just hope the neighbors didn't see me out with the feather duster on the back steps.

Steve

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's about 60 degrees here, which is awesome in my book! Of course, it's pretty rainy, too, but that's fine by me as long as it's warm. Don't think it's going to stay this way for much past the weekend, but I take what I can get in the winter.

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Had a 50/50 day today...50 degrees and wind gusts of 50mph :hu

Tomorrow we are back to winter for the next week or so. Which leaves me moderately annoyed. I really need to get my manure pile moved to the garden, not to Oklahoma! On the bright side, the guy who's going to build my greenhouse, said his came through just fine, and I've got a lot more protection from the wind where mine is going to go.

Latest posts