Your boring/interesting/exciting Weather!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The NOAA map in the first post .

. . is updating itself, automatically.

:)

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
vfem said:
Sorry, its been FABULOUS here... somewhere between 70 and 72 this weekend.

Next week will cool down, but I don't care. I'll be in Florida the whole time! hahaha :lol:
That might be a record high temp. for January!!
Its cloudier then expected, and wetter then they thought for today. :( I hope its better tomorrow.

However, even if we hit 75 it wouldn't be a record. I think the record for this weekend was 80. I'd have to check again.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
It is 73* right now - the high tomorrow is supposed to be 47*. UGH! Rain, rain and more rain. I'm so depressed. :th
Me too! We are just accross the Tex/La border from one another, so we get the same weather. It is cloudy, warm enough to be dripping liquid humidity, muggy, gloomy, gray, drizzly, wind is picking up to blow in more of the same, and did I mention gloomy?

Then it is supposed to rain some more, get colder, rain some more, make more squishy mud, get colder, rain some more.......... I am reaching for the vitamin D bottle........

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It is 60 here.Watching all the pretty lines and X's being made in the sky along with the pink clouds and rainbox squares.Never a dull moment in the skies.Alas, it will be back to winter tomorrow.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our weather is turning real boring . . .

You can see that on the map in the first post with the number of big H's around here! That means air stagnation and fog and cold weather at this time of year.

Boring may be better than the freezing rain that fell this morning when I was out and about :/. I could hardly believe that it was 9am, about 15F and raining! Everything was quickly covered with a crust of ice. The snow actually had more traction than "bare" asphalt and fortunately, there wasn't much bare anything since snow had been falling off & on for about 24hrs. I made it home but was in something of a panic anywhere, up or down hill . . . then, the weather settled down & the rain stopped.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The weather's boring, but some folks had an exciting commute this morning!
My husband is working up north of us and about 8 cars had slid off the road on his way to the job site.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sure hope everyone is alright from that 8 car slide. Luckily, most northerners know how to slide safely and slowly.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well the reason they slid off in the first place was because they were driving like it was a dry day in July. Stupidity abounds out there.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
ohhhhh, not supposed to be doing that kind of driving in snow and ice. They should know better. I call it driving oozing slow, sometimes measured in inches per minute on mountain roads...

A slow snow accident results in a stuck tire in a ditch, or maybe a run in with a fence post or shrub. A doable problem usually. A fast snow accident, oh, don't want to think of it!