Your Help Needed - Evalutating NEW Forum Software

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trophies????? :hu

Yes, there are smiles, but only a few (at least that's all I found)
Saw several folks there - hope everyone keeps their TEG name when they visit.
Seems pretty easy to navigate but all I've done so far is check out 'new' posts and comment on a few.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, you can set the default action so you don't get auto-subscribed to topics to which you reply. You can access your profile here: http://remodelforums.com/account/preferences

If you click "reply" it will quote that post. If you don't want to quote, scroll down to the reply box and reply from there.

Smilies: Don't worry, we'll import all of the ones we have here over to there if / when we move.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, trophies! :D (more info to come if we implement them here).

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just logged in its pretty straight forward. I'm happy with TEG as it is, but if an upgrade is necessary I understand and it seems like that would be a good choice.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you need to switch, then switch. Really don't like the proposed change but progress goes on. Meanwhile I sit on sideline and act like 2 year old--spoiled one that is as I loved my kids as 2 year olds.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
y'all are too funny!

Thanks for the support. We keep playing with the features on the front end and back end and we're really really impressed with what this software can do. It's kinda like buying a new car. You do have fond feelings for your 1982 Honda Accord, but the car starting up each time, a working AC, power windows, etc. make you pretty happy you upgraded. :D

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So what differences are you seeing? Adding pix, may be faster but I have no problem with old way.

Whine, whine, whine......all done-for now!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have no problems with the way things are here. I am such a baby about changes. I change when I HAVE to and am forced to. Other wise things that are not broke do not get fixed. :/ Seedcorn and I kinda think the same on this one.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
There are definitely things that are "broke" that we're trying to fix, many of them on the back-end that members don't see (imagine a bunch of cooks trying to put out fires in the kitchen of a restaurant, but you have no idea it's going on... ya, that's us). :D

... but even more than that, it's that we're running into a wall with what we as staff can do and what visitors want to do and can do.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm not averse to change, it's inevitable in today's world. I do hate when a site sells out to a big company and everything changes (usually in the form of tons of adds). Anyway, I was checking out the site and noticed a few things. When you want to start a new thread, the button to do so is way up at the top instead of right above the forum. It took me a minute to find it. Not a big deal though. However, on my laptop, using Google Chrome, I have a scroll bar across the bottom. I can't see the new or popular tabs without scrolling over. I'll check it out on my desktop and see if it's the same.

Latest posts