Your impulse garden purchases?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lavender the trellis was a fabulous salvage. It will look very nice with any flowering vine in it. Looks like Dad did a great job sprucing it up.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Clematis is a necessity for that setting....that's not an impulsive buy! That looks great, with nothing on it!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Needed some San Marzano tomatoes to finish one garden. Called local green house, they got some in. So away I go. Got my 4 pack. Done! Then I see 4 PAC of sweet potatoes. HAVE to have them. So now one garden is complete until red cabbage sprout so that I can transplant them. Oh, have to transplant some lettuce plants as well. So between transplanting and weeding, never done.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That red salvia is very striking and will really pop against whatever color clematis you plant there.

With so many cultivars you'll have a tough time choosing. I know I would.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My impulse purchases so far this year are one Eva Purple Ball and one Chocolate Stripes tomatoes. I also picked up a "Spicy Globe" basil just because it smelled so good. Everything else is pretty standard. I'm kind of boring this year.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your're doing good Ridgerunner. I don't do too much impulse buying. I'll pick something up and stop myself and put it back. Did that last week and I'm sooo glad. Usually I have regrets when I'm traveling and stop at a nursery and didn't buy something that I thought I wanted. :(

Mary

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Your're doing good Ridgerunner. I don't do too much impulse buying. I'll pick something up and stop myself and put it back. Did that last week and I'm sooo glad. Usually I have regrets when I'm traveling and stop at a nursery and didn't buy something that I thought I wanted. :(

Mary

That's why you don't make the mistake of putting it back down!!

To me I'd rather have the frustration of trying to find a spot to plant ______ (insert impulse purchase here) than the regret of not purchasing something when I saw it. Remember if you don't like it don't plant it next year. ;)

Latest posts