Your tax dollars at work

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Something like that...automated...shouldn't be hard for a giant like eBay to do. I know when I order plants from online nurseries, they automatically check to see if certain plants are not permitted to be sold in my state, i.e. black currants, which are linked to white pine rust.
EXACTLY!!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Four days ago I ordered an Arbosana olive for my bonsai collection from a farm in Georgia; a small operation, a literal one man band. On his site he has a disclaimer saying that it is your responsibility to determine if the tree can be grown where you live, not his. Now the best part; using Paypal, like Ebay, I sent him ten dollars, about five dollars for the tree and five dollars for shipping via UPS. Today, UPS delivered the tree, only four days after the order was placed. It came nicely packaged in a box, obviously custom made for shipping trees, and protected by bubble wrap. It is a beautiful healthy specimen and when trimmed for bonsai I now have a tree and two cuttings. All of which shows you really don't need Ebay, there are good bargains to be had if you look for them.

Jack B

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
It seems the USDA has taken an interest in hydroponic gardening, as they visited my site five times today and downloaded a photo of the Trylie olive tree that they destroyed, twice. They also read a post on a plant I am growing called Ecbolium Viride. Big Brother is watching.

Jack B

20 Aug 16:15:48 IE 9.0
Win7
1920x1080 United States Flag Fort Collins,
Colorado,
United States Usda Office Of Operations (168.68.1.127) [Label IP Address]
hydroponicworkshop.blogspot.com/2013_07_01_archive.html
hydroponicworkshop.blogspot.com/
20 Aug 16:15:40 IE 9.0
Win7
Colorado,
www.google.com hydoponicworkshop #1
20 Aug 16:14:48 IE 9.0
Win7
Colorado,
hydroponicworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/08/journal-august-2-2013.html
20 Aug 16:14:41 IE 9.0
Win7
Colorado,
20 Aug 16:12:49 IE 9.0
Win7
Colorado,

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dear USDA folks monitoring JackB, I just want to say that Jack is a good american and he's not any kind of commynist. Please be nice to him. He's a good grampa teaching a lot of gardening to his future cantaloupe farmer Ava. Please don't take Jack to jail for accidentally buying the wrong kind of dwarf olive from the wrong country. He did not mean to do anything wrong!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I am watching them watching me. All over a twenty dollar tree, which was healthy. You think they would have better things to do, what with Monsanto and all; more waste of tax dollars. Maybe they will drive three hundred miles again to see where I got the seeds for the Ecbolium Viride, because they did not come from Ebay. :rolleyes:

Jack B

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack, do you think they could be monitoring because some marijuana growers are going hydroponic now? They may think you are growing weed in between your tomatoes and peppers. I think it is pretty scary to know you are being monitored in that way.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Jack, do you think they could be monitoring because some marijuana growers are going hydroponic now? They may think you are growing weed in between your tomatoes and peppers. I think it is pretty scary to know you are being monitored in that way.
I doubt it. I have been told I have about the only hydroponic site online that is NOT devoted to growing pot. Pot growers are, and have been, at the forefront of hydroponic growing for decades. If they wanted to catch pot growers, all they would have to do is park in front of a hydroponic dealer and follow the customers home. I have seen seedy looking characters buying a thousand dollars worth of goods, and I know they are not growing tomatoes. I can truthfully say I have never even seen a pot plant, other than a photo. I hardly, if ever, go to a hydroponic store at his point. As far as them monitoring me, I labeled their IP address with a very unflattering name, so when they drop by it pops up and says the __________ are here. If I had anything to hide it would be crazy to have a site online. If they want to watch 24/7 I will give them a user name and password to the webcam in the greenhouse. The whole thing is silly, and as I keep saying, a waste of tax dollars.

p.s. I would like to add the largest source for pot growing supplies is Ebay. Just search hydroponics and you will see all the vendors promising to ship in plain brown wrappers.

Jack B

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Dear USDA folks monitoring JackB, I just want to say that Jack is a good american and he's not any kind of commynist. Please be nice to him. He's a good grampa teaching a lot of gardening to his future cantaloupe farmer Ava. Please don't take Jack to jail for accidentally buying the wrong kind of dwarf olive from the wrong country. He did not mean to do anything wrong!
:lol: :yuckyuck :lol:

Oh Lordy Marshall!! I rolled when I read your post....(wiping tears) ......... so funny!!

JackB, what a crock that you are in the USDA crosshairs. All over a $20 tree.......what morons spending OUR money! :somad

Latest posts