Your tax dollars at work

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I realize that of course. I doubt that is true of the USDA , as I had to print posts from my site that said four of the trees were dead on arrival. So, they had knowledge of the site and what they read was pretty much specific to the trees, except one post. It just seems a strange coincidence that after having the site since 2008 in just a few weeks several of our fine government employees take an interest in hydroponics. Then again, I guess I am getting paranoid. :rolleyes:
Jack B

p.s. This dude even did an encrypted search. Wonder what he wants to grow!

Page Views:
Entry Page Time:
27 Aug 2013 10:32:38
Browser:
Chrome 29.0
Win7
Resolution:
1600x1200

United States Flag

Total Visits:
IP Address:
U.s. Center For Disease Control And Prevention (158.111.4.51) [Label IP Address]
Search Referral:
(Encrypted Search)
Visit Page:
hydroponicworkshop.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, I'll just betcha someone there is interested in hydroponics for his/her own use, and is using our tax dollars learning about a new hobby.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Yep, I'll just betcha someone there is interested in hydroponics for his/her own use, and is using our tax dollars learning about a new hobby.
More than one someone, they came from three different geographic locations. I am flattered that whoever dropped by from NASA took the time to read 32 pages. In any event, it is appropriate to the title of the post: Your tax dollars at work.

Jack B

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack that is just down right creepy. All because of an olive tree. Haha, they probably have your greenhouse under satellite surveillance...........any blinking lights hovering over your place at night? Oh wait! That's the Space Aliens.......my bad......

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
Jack that is just down right creepy. All because of an olive tree. Haha, they probably have your greenhouse under satellite surveillance...........any blinking lights hovering over your place at night? Oh wait! That's the Space Aliens.......my bad......
My wife keeps saying that she is expecting a fleet of black SUVs to pull up and a bunch of guys in black wearing Kevlar vests to jump out. :lol: Would any of you guys like a salad?

Jack B

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
jackb said:
My wife keeps saying that she is expecting a fleet of black SUVs to pull up and a bunch of guys in black wearing Kevlar vests to jump out. :lol: Would any of you guys like a salad?

Jack B
Hey, it happens!

My friend told the story of a teen neighbor being stopped by suits in long black cars asking for directions. The boy spotted a gun or two on the men. He gave long directions and then rode his bike on a short-cut to "warn" her husband.

Seems that - like me - he has a license to make alcohol and they wanted a tour of his whole property looking for something that wasn't there. As she tells it, he took them through the worst of the muck and mud on the farm on their "tour".

DH had one government person stop here asking questions about our alcohol set-up. We both originally got the license in hopes of growing our own fuel and just haven't gotten around to doing anything.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a very young and very pregnant new resident of the Seattle area, my DH and I were staying rent-free in a studio apartment that belonged to a friend of my father in law. One day 2 men in dark suits came to visit me and look around the place. I had no idea what they wanted, but being a small town girl, I showed them around and didn't think much about it. Later I was told that they were the FBI and had a tip that the apartment was being used by organized crime as a brothel. :hide

Latest posts