Your Thanksgiving Recipes - Menu!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would love to see all your dishes, or your favorite recipe you are planning for this Thanksgiving!

Go ahead and share 1 or 2 things... or ALL of them!

(You can even keep that secret family recipe, secret!)

I starting mapping out my menu and sharing a few recipes from it here on my blog:

http://fromseed.blogspot.com

First I posted all my early prep work and later I will add all the recipes and what I will do the day of! ;)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wish I did, but I am not a fan of Yams. My sister's boyfriend likes it though, and he is making and bring his own because I refused! :lol:

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of sweet sweet potatoes. I like them with roasted w/salt & rosemary. DH's fam prefers traditional foods, so I usually just go with the tried & true for them.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am going to make a roast - don't know how yet and a duck. The duck I used to make in my rotiserie but that blew out and now I don't know how I will make it. That and I skinned it cause although I love skin it hurt my hand to pluck em. And I am going to try a weight watcher pumkin pie recipe. so I can stay on plan. We our going to a friends so we won't do all the cookin.

After reading this I think I need to stop procrastinating and get some stuff done!

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We're going to some friends so don't have to do the whole thing.
I'm taking what I grew, green bean casserole, sweet potatos, salsa and sliced tomatos. Not sure how I'll do the sweets?
The tomatos are ones I picked green after the plants faded. I've kept them in the greenhouse, covered, a few are getting ripe every day.

THANX RICH

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shoot- I was hoping somebody had a great idea for sweet potatoes. Looks like everybody is stuck! I was thinking maybe some pecans mixed in, for sweetness instead on marshmallows? I'll try to do a search today for recipes...
We're doing all the cooking, but not for a big crowd. So, it shouldn't be too bad...Sticking with all the traditional stuff.

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sweet potato casserole

3 cups mashed sweet potatos
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 stick butter melted
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredient well and put in a 1 1/2 quart baking/casserole dish

Topping
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup pecans chopped
1/3 stick butter melted

Mix ingredients and spread over top of casserole

Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sweet potato pie

Beat 2 eggs, add 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 cup milk. Mix together well.

Mix 1 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato with 2 tbsp melted butter and blend with egg mixture.

Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 350 30-40 minutes or until filling is firm.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, bid- they both sound delicious. I think I will try the casserole. That is just what I had in mind, with the pecan topping!

Latest posts