Your Weather, 2021

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was rain.

Between overnight and midday showers, 61/100" of an inch of rain fell. Yay!

The Weather Service says that it was the wettest day since January 12. If we pick up another 1/4", this will be put us at a "normal" June.

My recent behavior was a reflection of hopes. Monday night, I had real trouble drifting off to sleep despite knowing that the rain was not supposed to arrive before the middle of the night. The offline status of the Pendleton radar kept me checking the map and saying, "where is this rain? Where?!" About the time it began to fall, I drifted off to sleep.

Yesterday, it was the same deal with me anxiously checking to the south and seeing a very incomplete picture on the radar map. Finally, the sky darkened and rain began to fall. Again, I drifted off to sleep, this time, looking out the window.

Although there are things to do here at home, I suspect that we will be driven to go out to see and tend things in the big veggie garden by afternoon. We can share the experience with the plants :). The morning temperature was 48°f (9° C) but we have windows open. The moist air is very pleasant.

Steve
We really need rain too. We are Hot and humid and rain seems to just pass us by. We are already bordering on drought , if the next few predictions of 30% disappear it will be :( So glad you got the much needed rain. Our temps have been in the upper 80's and lower 90's with high humidity. Your 48 degree morning sounds heavenly.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
After months of rain, it stopped and got hot and humid. Standing in the shade doing nothing for 5 minutes will result in sweaty wet clothing. Blech. Now a hurricane may come in this weekend, but looks like it is tracking to the east of us. Doesn’t matter, it’s still hot.
Nothing like a tropical system to make one appreciate a dehumidifier in the house. C'mon September!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we finally had a few days of normal early summer weather, mid-70s and not too humid. today it goes back up to mid-80s for a few days, then chances of rain tonight and tomorrow and then back to mid-70s again. i'm ok with being able to get out early or later in the day now that things are planted and can keep up with the weeding. as long was we don't get too many rainy days in a row...

RebeccaRN

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We really need rain too. We are Hot and humid and rain seems to just pass us by. We are already bordering on drought , if the next few predictions of 30% disappear it will be :( So glad you got the much needed rain. Our temps have been in the upper 80's and lower 90's with high humidity. Your 48 degree morning sounds heavenly.
Its been 95 here during the day and high humidity but its been low 70s overnight so that's been nice

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, the drought here is over. Storms popped up after sunset, and are pounding us one after the other. The "rain train" is back. A couple inches so far, with more on the way. The farmers needed this, but I hope we don't get flash flooding in the low spots of the rural garden where I just added soil. :hide

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, the drought here is over. Storms popped up after sunset, and are pounding us one after the other. The "rain train" is back. A couple inches so far, with more on the way. The farmers needed this, but I hope we don't get flash flooding in the low spots of the rural garden where I just added soil. :hide
Not a drop here, Again. :(

Latest posts