Your Weather, 2021

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm in the SF Bay Area for the month and its hot! It was 99 yesterday and 90 in this old house when I went to bed. I had to drape a wash cloth over my chest to try to cool down to fall asleep.
Get a spray bottle, mist the top sheet with water. Turn on a fan blowing on the bed. The water evaporating will cool you down and you can go to sleep. I have lived in Texas heat many times with no AC at all.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
probably 3". It was almost 2.5 and then we had some fairly heavy but isolated showers.
It’s definitely picked up here since I posted last. The wind too. I won’t be surprised if we get a minimum of 3 more inches overnight. Was supposed to go to the lake tomorrow but I think the roads will be flooded between here and there.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It’s definitely picked up here since I posted last. The wind too. I won’t be surprised if we get a minimum of 3 more inches overnight. Was supposed to go to the lake tomorrow but I think the roads will be flooded between here and there.
I saw a top ten lakes list that had guntersville in it.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yep! It’s nice and unfortunately it’s the one I’m worried about getting to this afternoon. Have to see if the roads are clear later this morning. We got about 3 inches overnight and it just stopped raining.
Almost 3" here by this am. I can hear the creek rushing across the road.
16241905677287859314917250815877.jpg

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
And still we wait! Last 2 rains went around. They are predicating more wide spread rain today. Fingers crossed.
We were literally scoffing at this tropical Low, as we have had so many storms dump at least this much, and one system even filled the gauge. I was watching a story about how Lake Mead is down to basically 40%. I thought of what must have caused the dust bowl conditions a century ago. I hope it does not happen again.

Latest posts