Your Weather, 2021

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
a lot of of the UP of Michigan is above a big part of the population of Canada too (including Sudbury). Northern Minnesoda (Yooper accent included with that spelling) is way up there but that was west of where i was at for many years. you can say i had my fill of winters living up there.
What's Yooper?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
What's Yooper?

Upper Peninsula of Michigan speak. mostly the western and northern parts where the Scandinavians and Finlanders came for working in the copper and iron mines. a very interesting accent. if you have ever seen the movie _Fargo_ some of the characters in that movie had versions of it that were similar to what i was normally hearing. some of the janitorial staff and cooks at the residence hall and many other people in the area i was at up there had it pretty thick. some you could barely understand but it was interesting to listen to. :)

this guy has a mild version of it:

this is a medium version:

some of the guys in this video have a moderate accent:

i can't find any with a really thick version that i used to hear... :)

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i hoped to be able to get two rounds of beans picked today. went out and picked until i was tired and needed a break. came back in and checked the weather and went right back out because i wanted to get one last garden checked before the storm/rain/squall line goes through. it's fairly humid and warm today but there has been a breeze out there so it isn't as bad as it could be. now i'm done...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
61F this morning!!!! But will soar to 94F today. This is the first cold front that is actually chilled. What a relief.

we've been really spoiled by the last week of weather, mostly sunny and in the mid-70s, except for yesterday. in a few short weeks we'll have even more cooler weather than i'd really like and i wish i could send some down that ways, but perhaps you'll get some breaks soon there Bay!

as it is i'm glad to see some rains heading into the PNW for a change. get those fires doused and the air cleared up.

Latest posts