Your Weather 2023

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
To anyone still awake in the Northern latitudes, there are auroras tonight. Even overhead here close to 44 degrees N, although I had to drive out into the country to see them. Dim; but beautiful, curtains & rippling waves, like watching wind on a wheat field. Must be really nice viewing up in maple country. 🍁

Edit: it appears I went to bed too early. The aurora strengthened to a G4 (severe) geomagnetic storm overnight. Auroras as far south as New Mexico. Must have been really pretty here. :(

Last edited:

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We got some super bright, detectably warm sunshine today. Was wonderful, we took an extra long walk with the pup. I think I actually got a wee sunburn on my cheeks, DH says something about all the snow reflecting the rays and the UV. Complete bliss.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, the weather guessers were wrong again. They predicted 2-4" (only now upgraded to 3-5"), ignoring the Euro model which predicted more. This is the 3rd snow storm in a row which they have underestimated, unless my lying eyes deceive me. The measurement is from my sidewalk, and is not a drift:
20230325_113002.jpg 20230325_113845.jpg

Hard to believe my back yard was bare when I went to bed last night... and it is still snowing. It looks like I will be getting my "lucky 7" again, for the 3rd time. :rolleyes: It won't last long though, the temp is already rising above freezing.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we've had some snow, but it is all melted off by now. rain still in today's forecast and then perhaps some snow this evening. warm again tomorrow. it will all be gone again no matter what...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it turns out my eyes were lying. The measurement above was apparently in the downwind shadow of the house. What we REALLY got - as evidenced by the snow on the bridge over my culvert, and in my driveway - was more than 12" :ep I watched the radar time-lapse, we were the bullseye for a long-lived snow squall embedded within the storm. Just finished digging out now. We literally went from "the snow is gone" to "where do we put all this?".
20230325_131033.jpg

Well, I did say I wanted some exercise... 💪

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is happening with these storms in ...

Louisiana,
Mississippi, and
Alabama?

Again, today and continuing!

Latest posts