Your Weather 2023

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Branching Out i find that working in mud just goes too slow and it's not really all that great for the garden either as it compacts it even further. i spend more time scraping mud off the garden tools or shoes than accomplishing anything.

we just had a thunderstorm squall line go through so we are back to too wet again now for a while.

i just keep chipping away at whatever i can get done and have to call it good enough if the ground freezes before i can get it all finished and pick up in the spring where i left off. it's happened before when i've been injured for a while and i just have to get the priority stuff done and let the rest wait.

good luck with the garlic planting. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we are now past the rains and there is no rain in the forecast for the next week, but even better than that is that the temperatures will be moderate enough that i should be able to get some more gardens put up for the winter which makes it much easier on me come spring time. i was wondering if it was going to freeze too much and lock me up for the season or not.

we'll see how it goes.

for now i have a few days of not doing too much out there because it will be too muddy and then after that i'll be able to poke around and do some more each day.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Had to dig out the plow truck and push a foot of wet snow around. What was on the greenhouse slid and came to a perfect stop; on top of my strawberries!
Next week we have 5 days of snow in a row. The weather folks said this was 17 Inches!

*The next day- - powers been out a lot around here since yesterdays storm. Our Generator’s come on 4 times and fortunately only had to run 1-2 hours at a time.
But; we say Thank you Lord for that Generator!!

Attachments

• IMG_1558.jpeg
    IMG_1558.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1563.jpeg
    IMG_1563.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1562.jpeg
    IMG_1562.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So the wind blew in dramatically last evening, knocking out the power and making it difficult for me to see my bowls of beans drying on the coffee table. Lol. Fortunately the outage only lasted an hour, so we stayed snug and warm. During the night the wind subsided and was replaced by torrents of rain that were at times incredibly loud; I listened in awe for a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_20231110_194811005.jpg
    IMG_20231110_194811005.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 43

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The wind has slowed some this afternoon, we are told ...

It's a little difficult to know – not just because I haven't been out much but the difference between 35+ mph and 45+ mph is a little hard to assess. I suppose that it amounts to near chaos at the higher level. Not very cold but the windy conditions make that hard to realize, as well. I have appreciated wearing layers whenever I have ventured out.

The electric companies are only reporting about 800 customers without power. Unfortunately, some of these folks are in a very large area that lost natural gas because of a pipe line break a couple of days ago.

Steve
dang autocorrect!

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
frosted last night. Monday night is also forecast for frost, but the rest of the next handful of nights are looking ok.

very helpful when you're trying to get gardens ready for winter to not have to chop through cold crusties.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Heading into single digits with more snow forecast. A lot of trees on our place (and for miles around) are bowed from the snow. I’ll need to bat some of this off or we’ll have a lot more broken by spring. And; if it keeps this up, it may be a “shovel the roof year”.😕

Attachments

• IMG_1584.jpeg
    IMG_1584.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1583.jpeg
    IMG_1583.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 30

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Posts about endless rain. Posts about seasonal darkness.

May i say that I'm growing tired of the rain? Okay, that doesn't sound like me. How about that I'm tired of the clouds and darkness?

We have had rain on 10 days, out of the 15 this month. Of course, we haven't hit 2 inches for November yet but may over the weekend. That would be double normal. Okay, I will go sit quietly in the corner now and stop talking about the blessings of moisture on Mother Nature.

:) Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Posts about endless rain. Posts about seasonal darkness.

May i say that I'm growing tired of the rain? Okay, that doesn't sound like me. How about that I'm tired of the clouds and darkness?

We have had rain on 10 days, out of the 15 this month. Of course, we haven't hit 2 inches for November yet but may over the weekend. That would be double normal. Okay, I will go sit quietly in the corner now and stop talking about the blessings of moisture on Mother Nature.

:) Steve

for us the previous forecast has held up so far, no rains until Thursday evening and Friday and then another break for a few days and then cold and more rain.

still i won't complain about 64F forecast for tomorrow. if i can get two more gardens finished i'll be about 2/3rd done but best of all what remains are two more simple gardens with no complications involved at all. pretty much dig two trenches and pack in whatever weeds and garden debris i can and then bury it all and call them done too. i'd need two or three more sessions (3-4 hrs) to be sure all are done. i'm not sure the weather will give me that before it all closes in again but we'll see how tomorrow goes before i can look beyond. i did not get any ashes scattered yet either or dug in so that would be yet another few sessions at most. not too bad considering how things were going last week before we got this nice break in the weather.

Latest posts