Zucchini Dill Slices

coopy

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Has anyone ever dilled zucchini? I have made sweet relish out of zucchini so I figured you could make dill slices out of it. Has anyone ever done this?

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yup, I left the skin on and sliced them long ways like a dill spear. I did this to get rid of the large seeds because this is what I do with the ones that I feel are to big to fry and eat. Then just follow your favorite pickle recipe.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No, I haven't, but it will be interesting to see what other people have to say. :)

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
They weren't to bad. That is mainly why I used the big ones because I knew the pickling would soften them. It makes a pretty good squash pickle too.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've done a 1-2 day ice box "pickling", with vinaigrette, using patty pans and yellow crooknecks, which were good, but never actually pickled any squash as it's meant here. It's not something I'd even thought of; thanks for the information! :)

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It works great, I do it just about every year the same time that I make my trash pickles. Actually works a little better if the squash / zucs and a little bit for just eating.

Latest posts