Zucchinis are gone...AGAIN!!!!

valmom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
It has been threatened, but not done yet. He gets cursed at when we see him, but we don't have time for my SO to sit out there waiting.

ohiofarmgirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
I also have a back-up plant at a friend's house. She has a bigger yard than me. I may get some yet!
good strategy! hee hee hee i'm still hopin' for mine. i was out there with a hen in one hand and a squirt bottle in the other.....

mrsengeseth

Leafing Out
Reaction score
i have earwigs everywhere too, they give me the heebie jeebies. For years I was told by my grandma to take a regular bottle of water, just the bottle, bury it up to it's neck in the ground near the plant they are attacking, then fill 1/4 the way with water and a healthy squirt of dish soap, the go in and cant get out. I dont' know how effective it is put against other methods, but it works here.

Rence

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This is the third and last time I'm planting zucchini and summer squash. I sprayed everything with Eight.

I also ordered Thuricide BTK as was recommended on this forum. It hasn't arrived yet though.

What are ear wigs? Are there any pictures online?

farmerkim

Sprout
Reaction score
I had earwigs attack my corn last year. One person told me to take cardboard tubes from paper towels or tp and put them in the garden. Then in the morning go out with a dish of water and shake them out of the tubes into the water. Then give the water dish to your chickens or ducks to eat the bugs. I also heard to use old tuna cans and fill them half way with water/vegetable oil then the earwigs go in but can't get out.

Latest posts