Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Took a couple of pictures of my house, sporting a blue roof! One of the guys is coming Wednesday morning to help me replace deck that has rotted. A neighbor is coming with his tractor to lift the OSB to the roof. 10 pieces. Hoping we can get the front done Wednesday before it gets too hot, do the back Thursday morning. Just going to replace the whole sheet, rather than cut out the bad, cut a new sheet to fit and blah, blah, blah. Pry it up, toss of roof, lay new sheet down, screw in place. It’s too hot to do all that cutting and fitting.

IMG_4563.jpeg

IMG_4562.jpeg

I really need to sand and spray that cold galvanize paint I got, on that propane tank!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay be careful working out in that heat! You don't want to get heat stroke.

Mary
Thank you Mary. I am careful. Frequent breaks, lots of water, sit down in the shade and rest. I know when to stop. It’s that pushing to “finish” something before taking a break that will push one over the edge.

Friends were telling me they got in their pool to cool off, but the water was like sitting in a hot tub.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I got the front fence row sprayed with Remedy by Chris and his brother. Chris machete hacked cuts in the bigger trees so the poison could get in it. Sprayed on my side and on the county side. Also sprayed the short stretch on the side close to the house where a lot has been cut, then around the corner to the fence that goes between me and Bennett and Peggy. There was a little bit left in the tank, so I had him spray another short span behind the horse’s pen. I can’t wait for all of it to turn brown and die.

Son told me go to his house and get the tank he had rigged up for water when he was on a job, could only find a state park to put his RV in. There was no water hook ups and he would’ve had to move his RV to the one water source for water. So he used the tank to fill with water, then transferred it to the RV.

Chris put a plug on the mule, connected to the battery. He rigged the tank so all I have to do is plug it in to the plug on the mule. Now I can do my own spraying. I’ll get started on the back field after the roof is done. I’m going to ignore that fence for now, and spray the grass to kill all the terrible weeds, hemlock, 3 kinds of nightshades, pigweed, and other invasives that are taking over.