Craigslist and Other Bargains

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My 'great deal': I bought two twin beds, with mattresses, sheets, blankets, and spreads for $209. My only expense was laundering the bedding and buying two plastic mattress covers -- not sleeping on them otherwise.

No way I'd be able to buy mattresses for that price.

I'd never been into that store before. Decided to stop only because it's in the community that paid my wages for so many years. I figure it's a good deal.

It was hard to give up on the big bed, and I'm not sure Spouse realizes what getting the twin beds really means, but I need sleep.
Will you still need to be in the same room? I would imagine he would not be able to sleep with you in a different room. Maybe at least he won't wake you up every time he moves. Red, I feel for you. Not being able to sleep due to a loved one's condition is so distressing, on many levels.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
For now, I intend that we both stay in the room. I doubt that either of us would get any sleep if we were separated. When son and family move in -- he's shooting for sometime before winter -- there wouldn't be another room easily available anyway unless son makes a bedroom in the basement and that's not in my plans right now.

Spouse still does a lot to care for himself, but I need to be close at hand to guide that self-care. This is a good alternative and much better than leaving him alone at night.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I haven't watched soap operas since about 1960. ;) Steve[/QUOTE]
Gee the year I was born:lol: From earliest memories my Grandmother watched them
like a preacher over the goodbook

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was wrong!

I watched the Edge of Night until Mike Karrs' wife died. It was so tragic!

I couldn't believe that they would allow that to happen on a television show ... little did I know what kind of other tragic &/or silly things would happen on daytime serials.

That was in 1961, IMDB says. "#When Teal Ames's character was killed in a 1961 episode, CBS received so many calls after the episode's broadcast that Ames and John Larkin had to appear at the end of the next day's program to reassure viewers that only Ames' character, not the actress herself had died."

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got teal shelf, plastic tote bin, and pillows for free! on curbside. They were just putting them out as I drove by. Pillows were new.
IMG_0619.JPG

Latest posts