Dangerous Grandma!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My daughter shot her brother in the face with a BB gun and took out half of his front tooth. Of course, big brother lied to cover up for little sister and never told the truth until they were grown up. He didn't want her to get a whipping, which she would have gotten, had I known the truth. As it was, she went to bed crying because her BB gun got taken away. (they both claimed it was an accident, she shot a stump and the BB bounced off and hit him in the mouth)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The neighbor boy shot at my daughter with a squirt gun.

She took the edge off a front tooth by ducking and hitting the handlebars of her bicycle. She had a lot more done to her teeth by the orthodontist and oral surgeon that didn't have anything to do with that little incident ...

Do any of us NOT have a scar under our chins from falling on steps??

We weren't intended to have squirt guns, playground toys, stairs ... not even to walk upright, I suppose.

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Man...didn't anyone take out their own teeth as an adult doing silly (fun) stuff? I just knocked half my front tooth off a few years ago fighting with a kayak paddle underwater in the river...lesson learned: just let go!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
As a teen, I drove to a friend's house out in the country and while I was stepping out of the car, I thought that I got stung by a wasp over my right ear... NOT so ! It seems that my friends were target practicing out in the field ( shooting away from the house toward the back of the field) with a .44 magnum pistol shooting at a cast iron skillet. Well , the bullet hit the inside of the side of that skillet went along the bottom and back out along the other side and just grazed the side of my skull just above my ear. CLOSE CALL !:oops:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do any of us NOT have a scar under our chins from falling on steps??

Steve

None on my chin, but I have a scar in the middle of my upper lip from going over the handlebars - got a piece of gravel stuck right through my lip. Dad almost passed out when I showed up at the house covered in blood from my nose to my knees.
sSa_falltopieces.gif

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess it's confession time. Where do I even begin. I'll stick to at least old enough to know better.

When I was in college playing touch football with some guys from the dorm, three of us touched a guy at the same time. I took a chunk out of one of my teammates shoulder. My front to teeth were left swinging. I went to the dentist and he said to just shove them back up in the sockets and see what happens. It was about 15 years before the first one fell out and I got a bridge. I was eating mashed potatoes when it finally fell out.

Again in college. I was showing off for some girls around a swimming pool and slipped on the wet concrete. Busted my left eyebrow open. That only took about three stitches. That left a nice scar. it matched one on my right eyebrow but that one came from childhood so I won't tell about that one.

When I was in my mid 20's I visited McIlhenny's plantation outside New Iberia where they make Tabasco sauce. While sword-fighting a buddy with a piece of bamboo out on the grounds a friend threw a bamboo "spear" at me. It hit my left knee cap. I was limping for about three months.

Then look at my signature. That's mainly for odd jobs and projects. The purpose of the band aids is not for healing. It's to keep from getting blood on things. I've been putting up a barbed wire fence. You can use your imagination on that one.

Latest posts