Dangerous Grandma!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cats are so hard to bathe... I'm trying to imagine slathering Goop on one before the regular bath. Not pretty.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Instructions on HOW TO BATHE A CAT. Or also known as HOW TO RECYCLE A PLASTIC MILK CRATE.
First you need a plastic milk crate. Since a lot of us happen to be cat lovers here, I will be glad to share how to give a cat a bath so you don't get all scratched up. First, liberally apply shampoo or dawn dishwashing liquid to the cat's back(dawn kills fleas). Then drop cat in a clean toilet and quickly slam lid. Flush. Flush again. Don't worry about sounds coming from the toilet cat, he/she is actually enjoying this. Flush repeatedly several more times. Peek carefully through the crack between the toilet bowl and seat to see if all soap suds are gone. If still soapy, continue to flush, peek again. If satisfied, lift lid. ( be sure bathroom door is closed) Then quickly trap cat under the milk crate which confines the cat, making it much easier to blow dry him/her without fear of getting your arm torn off. Your cat should be making lots of deep growly noises, punctuated by shrieks of joy. When the cat's fur begins to smoke, it is dry. You may now open the bathroom door (failure to do so may result in torn wallpaper as he/she makes laps around the room trying desperately to find a way out so he/she can show off his/her clean shiny slightly singed fur). You may now lift the milk crate.
And that folks, is what you can use a milk crate for.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hahaha, this just reminded me of a time when i worked as a vet tech. A cat desperately needed a bath, but was WILD so we sedated it. It was totally asleep, i was midway through its bath, when it SUDDENLY SAT UP, CLAWED MY ARM APART, and zonked right back to sleep in the span of like 2 seconds. Hilariously bizarre!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red actually I like cats. Had cats for years. But my DSIL is so allergic to them that he can't breathe around cats. I found a home for our cat, would rather have DD, DSIL than the cat. And now, have 2 big dogs that are deadly to cats, thanks to the crazy lady next door that feeds all the feral cats in town! The cats sit just on the other side of the fence and yowl at the dogs, which incites a riot!

I wouldn't mind having another cat, but then our son in law wouldn't be able to come over, so no cats.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule, your story reminded me of a kitten I once had. She was a sweet, quiet little calico beauty -- a gift from my children for my birthday. It came time to get her spayed. All my cats and dogs have been spayed or neutered. I dropped this gentle kitty off at the Vet for the day. Sigh!

I had a call from the vet later that day. My baby was dead. It seems that when they took her out of her cage for the surgery, she bit the nurse, scratched and bit the Vet, made several "wild laps around the room trying desperately to get out of the room" and fell over dead.

At least that's the story they were sticking to. I always rather wondered if after she attacked, they used a heavy waste basket to catch her. I also wondered if the Vet and his assistant were planning on suing for injuries and damages so I dropped that whole line of questioning.

At just under 6 months old she was always so sweet. I can't imagine what could have 'snapped' and turned her into the fierce man-killer they described.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red more likely overdosed her. They use Ketamine on cats, the street name is special K. It is a widely used drug in dance clubs, people OD on it all the time.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if a vet could win a suit for injury from an animal they were treating. That goes with the territory doesn't it?

Sheesh, if I had to worry about lawsuits every time the vet came out to float my horses teeth or do a castration or stitch job I think I'd learn how to do it myself.
Of course I know that anything is possible these days. And "justice" isn't always just.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red - that's TERRIBLE!!! So sorry about your little one.

I had one that I raised from a day old kitten. She was the picture of gentle, prim & proper at home. At the vet, she was re-named Bi**H Kitty. There wasn't a person on staff who wasn't carrying scars from her.

Latest posts