Decorating with flair!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Then don't -- I repeat -- DON'T READ THIS THREAD UNTIL YOU ARE ALL MOVED IN! You have enough on your plate getting the doublewide livable and doing that famously well. I would certainly testify on behalf of your DH should the worst happen and he comes back to find Azalea Blossom walls.
You are right Red, I just can't take on another project like painting walls that are already painted. :lol: I have to go back up there tomorrow to take delivery of our new adjustable beds. We sold most of our too big furniture, so I spent the money on adjustable beds with massage! I kept the old mattress, which is pure latex and so comfortable. I am going to cut it in two and I'll have my 2 twin extra long mattresses for the new beds! I'll paint the inside of the kitchen cabinets while I am there.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, would you consider doing some sort of graphic stenciling on the wall(s)? @NwMtGardener did that in her old house on one wall, I believe it was a tree, looked gorgeous! That way your walls could stay light, but you could have an update that complements your colors and lifestyle.

But, I am no designer...
DS is STRONGLY suggesting a silhouette of a tree in the corner of the (new) living room. I am uncertain that I want to be that Neo-Chic. @NwMtGardener, could you post (or point out) a photo of your tree, please? Any sites ya'll know of with examples?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got the (new) dining room painted today. Here are the raw results. Tomorrow I hope to get the rooms put back into order and can take a photo of something more finished.

Gypsy wanted the first room blue. DS wanted the first room blue, but likes the change now. Ya'll pretty much agreed that the dining room should stay off-white as it went well with the Azalea Blossom in the living room.

I went to purchase paint for the dining room walls. I figured on getting another beige to off white paint and had some sitting out as I waited for help mixing. Then I stepped back to the color wall and took the blue you see here home with me.
sunkenroom1.JPG

I really do like it! The color looks bluer in the dining room and whiter in the living room but it matches the curtains and seat covers very well. It should look a bit more rich than the off-white. What say you?
sunkenroom2.JPG

Here it is against the color of the alcove. Looks almost grey here.

sunkenroom3.JPG

This photo changes both the azalea and the blue. Sheesh, lighting is everything.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
YEP, lighting matters. ;) I think you will really like the color combination. Waiting to see finished rooms. :caf

Latest posts