Do you have an 'outdoor room' - and what do you use it for?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love all the pictures and stories! Thanks.
I was asking because my sister left a patio table with 6 chairs + 2 lounge chairs and a little side table at my place when she moved to the city several years ago. I think they've been used 4 or 5 times. :(
I was making a 'master to-do list' for the rest of the year and was thinking about moving them to the side yard. But I'd have to level the area a bit first. (need to level where they are sitting now too.....) So I was wondering if it would be worth it. I thought that maybe I'm just missing out on all the outdoor fun..
Maybe I should start using it where it is before I worry about finding a better suited place for it....?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
A wise choice. Use the space. Add a few containers for color. Maybe put the grill in a nearby spot. Add a few lights -- even solar lights can make a difference. Then use the space and see how it can fit into your life.

With chickens roaming the property, some of my options may be altered. But once I get the orchard fenced in for the chickens, I may find more places outside to just sit and enjoy.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah... I got my FILL of those Friday night watching the metor shower.... Look like I have chicken pox on my legs and feet.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Again, Nyboy, I recommend chickens. Chickens = No or far fewer mosquitoes. Then there are the mosquito machines. Just like us, they emit CO2 to entice mosquitoes to them. Then ZAP! And one machine can cover quite a large area.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was about 10' from the chicken pen Friday night. Problem with chickens as mosquito catchers... they're asleep in the coop when the worst of the little buggers are about.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those "little buggers" sleep in the grass during the day. That's when the chickens make meals of them so when night falls there are so many fewer of the 'little buggers" to contend with.

Of course, keeping chickens in a pen means the sleeping mosquitoes in your yard are unscathed.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Adding bats to your neighborhood wildlife is another way to decrease the mosquito population. I love watching bats soar and dive in the evening. Some do not.

Ducks and guinea fowl are other great additions for mosquito control. Then, it is possible to " fog " the area. Not a favorite of mine.

I'd consider getting a mosquito machine (CO2) if I planned on hosting a lot of parties outside.

Latest posts