Ducks!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have never had ducks, but Runners look hysterically funny, they lay well and I NEED THEM!!!! :lol:
Runners are an energetic breed with great foraging abilities that were used to weed/eat pests from beds of rice in southeast Asia. They should do a great job working for you in the garden but keep them away from short, tender plants. Runner ducks are neat looking, I prefer Muscovies. They bob their heads like a parrot and wag their tails like a dog. :p

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
seedO, ewwwww... But I did learn something, that their poop is liquid half of the time! :sick

Mary
Believe it or not, chicken poop smells worse to me. It may be because the chickens eat more prepared feed than the ducks/geese do.

If the poop is in the grass it is easy to spray away with the hose. Just don't do it when you have ducks out, that's if you want grass!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Believe it or not, chicken poop smells worse to me. It may be because the chickens eat more prepared feed than the ducks/geese do.

If the poop is in the grass it is easy to spray away with the hose. Just don't do it when you have ducks out, that's if you want grass!

You are really bringing back the memories of having Muskovies run the backyard. It was fun to watch them chase the frogs, and anything else that dared to move, but OH the mess! These are my ducks now ... Mallards. :D

Picture 8167.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The duck didn't co-operate. She put the duck away and now we are eating popcorn, watching the Disney channel and it is waaaaay past her bedtime, but her parents aren't here to spoil everything. :lol: