Fruit from Your Childhood

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
For the natives yes. It jut that, since you are in South Texas I was sure you ever actually GOT frost. If you don't I've heard CO2 can work as well (that's what I think the big growers use to ripen theirs).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I realized this morning that in my second childhood ;), I will look back at how I learned to use even more fruit and it became a more important part of my diet.

The Newtown Pippin apple tree beside our farmhouse wasn't to my liking. Nearly every apple I pulled off that tree was to throw for the Border Collie ... It was only later that I learned that I really did like apples, and why not in this corner of the country!? All it took was peeling them! Apples became an important part of my winter diet!

It isn't winter but I've got a freshly picked Gala this morning. Aaand, one of DW's never ending supply of bananas! How did I get a relatively large banana in my average size bowl of cereal? You should know that I also do this with the Bartlett pears and lots of other fruit ...

Well, you like the fruit on top to hold the cereal down while you pour on the milk, right? Just remember to put half of the fruit in the bowl first, before anything else. Leave room for the other half on top the cereal. There you go! You have a bowl of breakfast cereal that is 2/3rds fruit. Peeled Gala on the side ...

There's a cut-up melon from the garden in the fridge. Now that I have actually eaten all the aforementioned ... I will get some of that in my cereal bowl to go with my 2nd cup of coffee!

Steve :)