Getting any snow?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was cold and sunny this morning at -4°(F) but as the day warmed -- if one calls 12° warm more and more clouds moved in. THEY are predicting a modest half inch of snowfall between this evening and tomorrow morning.

Little amounts DH (and I) can handle, especially if the temperatures are not in the frigid, single digit numbers (and they are not supposed to be for the next few days). In fact, I believe DH would LOVE to be able to get out and shovel that amount of snow unassisted.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It has been in the deep freeze here for the past 4 days. Not sure what the weather is going to do Friday/Saturday. I have to get some food in this house Friday. ( pay day) The animals have plenty of food for the weekend. I'm worried about having food for US. I hate when the news says one thing and another says something else. Drives me crazy because then people panic. If it's going to snow, I don't care either way as long as it's after the kid gets out of school and is home safe as well as MontyJ..... who is working out of town again. Where else????? Morgantown WV.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got about an inch and a half of snow last night, just enough to cover the grass and roads. Pretty. It's about 28 degrees out, so the snow is melting in the sun. The white and pink cardinal seems to be a little braver in the snow...not so much of a target, I guess. But she doesn't stay in one place long enough to get a pic.
I am staying in today, baking cookies and planning to sew this afternoon. And there is a 1000 piece jig-saw puzzle waiting to be opened....

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We did get that predicted dusting last night/this morning. DH did the whole driveway (not well, but it's done) by himself. Now he looks tired, but doesn't want to take a nap with me.

We made a trip to the feed/hardware/auto shop/department store called Farm and Fleet this morning. Also took a nice stroll through my local green house breathing their fresh air. Sure glad they don't charge for breathing 'cuz we spend a lot of time there.

Nyboy, I looked at the orchids again. $30 is a bit too high. I was turned the wrong way for Home Depot. Perhaps next time?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Finally got about 3 inches of snow last night. It's powder, fortunately, so not hard to move. In fact, I keep a wide broom by my back, mudroom door so that I can sweep snow first thing in the morning after a snowfall. The sun came out, so my sidewalk is now clear and dry.

Latest posts