Getting any snow?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
we are getting about 1" tonight then a day of niceness, then starting thursday night all hell is going to break loss < well from around here>

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 43. North wind 3 to 6 mph.

Thursday Night
Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely before 4am, then snow likely between 4am and 5am, then snow and sleet likely after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 27. East wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday
Snow and sleet before noon, then freezing rain and sleet between noon and 3pm, then snow and sleet after 3pm. High near 30. East wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible

Friday Night
Snow and sleet before midnight, then rain and snow between midnight and 3am, then snow likely after 3am. Low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Saturday
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 70%

i smell a snow day for me friday, so going to run around like a mad man thursday . drive up with the owner to conover,nc look over the other building he brought< going up there next week for 4 days to do some electrical work>, pick up a truck while there, drive back to graham,nc install new contactors in both of the buffers, load up all my tools needed for the job, drive back to greensboro,nc, drop off the truck put my tools into my truck and get home...

dw informed me that the supermarket was a zoo, everyone getting ready to hunker down for the big storm....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
with this 1" of snow we are getting tonight, all the schools will shut down Thursday and Friday....

we will be ready if the power goes out......

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our snow is melting and the Big Deal is that the ice finally seems to be gone out of the gutters on the house! I think it is likely that the ice dams will go very soon!

The temperatures are supposed to rise into the 40's during the next few afternoons with no freezing overnight!

I don't think it's gonna get crazy because the chance of rain isn't real high and predictions are 1/10th of an inch, or so. It also looks like there will only be brief rain then snow again and only one night above freezing in the higher river valleys of Idaho & western Montana (2500'). Fortunately!! We don't need our mountain snow to rush out of here in January!

@NwMtGardener : Heather, this might be your best day! Be careful driving for the other days this week.

Steve
who has just been for a walk outdoors after wasting time covering an "inhouse mile" this morning!

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
We got a couple feet yesterday, than the sun came out for about two hours. Today is acting like it's going to sneeze, they're talking about snow tomorrow.

A week ago the radio said: 30% chance of snow, and it was already storming, we over 4'.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary I was going to suggest same to Red, if you hit it when they first get the shipment in Trader Joes has great orchids
Trader Joe's? I don't think there is a Trader Joe's as far as a grosbeak flies from here. I do know Home Depot keeps a supply of house plants in store all year round. It's on my to do list.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a little today, only about an inch, but it was icy. My 4WD gets around great, so I got a little shopping done and we filled up all the gas cans for the generator in the event we get the Snowpocalypse they're saying might hit us for Friday into Saturday. We may get as little as 6" or up to 16" here. The kids are really looking forward to sledding and snow-cream. NOAA says they're supposed to get 2-3' in the WV mountains. :eek:

@Beekissed , will that affect you?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only in a good way....I love snow, even if I have to drive in it or get out and work in it. Been waiting for a real snow all winter.

Parts of the mountains are supposed to get a couple feet but here we'll likely only get less than a foot, half if we are lucky.

Journey, what part of the state are you in? I think I used to know but can't remember.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only in a good way....I love snow, even if I have to drive in it or get out and work in it. Been waiting for a real snow all winter.

Parts of the mountains are supposed to get a couple feet but here we'll likely only get less than a foot, half if we are lucky.

Journey, what part of the state are you in? I think I used to know but can't remember.

I'm a couple miles over the border of Jackson Co., in Mason Co. Middle of nowhere. :)

Latest posts