How much snow did you get?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
hum, no snow here yet.......
this week when the arctic blast come down we had 7 degrees and everything frozen rock hard,
now it's saturday we are having a tropical blast 64 and has rained since yesterday afternoon and there is 1.75" in the gauge with more coming of course the property has rivers running through it.

my world for a couple inches of snow.....

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
With the wind chill ridgerunner it was -40 and 30mph winds. So no I was not stretching the truth! On Tuesday it was -2. All schools in WV were closed. Never did get much snow... maybe 2 inches total. Now the snow is gone and we are back up to normal temps. :D

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK, Dew, I’ll let you get away with wind chill. Our worst wind chill was in the minus 20’s. Snow was no deeper than 2” maximum. We did have icy roads but no power outages.

Now the sun is shining and the high is supposed to be in the low 60’s. The ten day forecast shows no precipitation, highs in the mid 40’s to upper 60’s and lows in the mid 20’s to upper 30’s. I can see me getting outside to prune trees and grapes, burn my brush and scrap non-treated wood, and just getting things ready for spring. I’ve also got 4 young chickens from a late hatch that should find their way into the freezer. It’s not just that it should be warmer but it should be dry enough to do some things.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just checked, there is still the little bit of snow by the driveway from the 1st week of December.

It can't last - no freezing last night. Gusts above 50mph yesterday afternoon. It is "calmer" this morning but the warm temperatures continue for a few days.

It looks like here it will go right back to the drab, stagnant weather pre-Pineapple Express. The difference will be that it will be about 7° or 8° warmer! I just hope a lot of this moisture that blew away, was deposited in our mountains as snow. . . checking now . . . 72% of normal for "water year" at nearest Snotel station and that is nearly the average for local stations. Interesting that it is just a tad better in Central Puget Sound but tragically lower (at 33% of normal) on the Olympic Peninsula! After a very dry summer on the North Pacific coast . . .

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
No snow!

The ice sheet that built up Friday night and Saturday morning is slowly melting as the temps rise to near 40 degrees (F) today. It would be shorts and Tee shirt weather in south-est, central-est Wisconsin if not for the 20-40 mph winds that keep the "feels like" (wind chill) temperature too cold. As it is, I can stand on the upper part of the driveway and be blown down the icy covered drive by the wind as I scatter "Ice Melt".

I'd much rather scatter seeds than Ice Melt! Spring, hurry up!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! Red, I saw a guy in shorts, a couple people in t-shirts and a girl in pedal-pushers yesterday afternoon!

(Do we still call those 3/4 length pants . . oh, never mind!)

It was mid-40's and people were getting smacked around by 50mph wind gusts!

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve I call them pedal-pushers. My child bride calls them capris. I have no idea what they are called by the current crop of fashionable people that have just invented them for the first time.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
2013 Capris __ __ 1970 Pedal pushers __ __ 1890 Bloomers

Whatever, when I was a young'n they were high-water pants and it meant it was time to go shopping.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Right now all of the snow and ice is gone - yahoo! :celebrate

I go by both high-waters and capris. That's what a large proportion of my pants are, some are mostly patches.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, we received 0.38" of rain and 10mph winds with 47* temp. as of this morning. I guess that the weathermen want all of us to tune in and marvel at their skills ( or lack there of ). :hu

Latest posts