It's almost official 258 Pots is now a spot on the map...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@XtreemLee , don't think you will just plant it and that's it. Of course, there is harvest. But, what if harvest is in June? What will you do with that ground after you have taken the lettuce, radish, peas, and escarole?

You can leave it empty but where's the fun in that? "Succession Planting" - look that up!

;) Steve

258 Pots

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
@XtreemLee , don't think you will just plant it and that's it. Of course, there is harvest. But, what if harvest is in June? What will you do with that ground after you have taken the lettuce, radish, peas, and escarole?

You can leave it empty but where's the fun in that? "Succession Planting" - look that up!

;) Steve
Yea, it's my "to do" list keeps getting bigger, but that is life isn't it...

258 Pots

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Picked up a post hole digger and a garden cart during the workweek, I am going to be super busy and I just volunteered for 3 days more (secular) work, meaning I sit here stare at a screen and wish I could be shoveling _ _ _ _ ;)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wish you could help shoveling here!

Spouse spent another day shoveling and smoothing the ground. I picked up a nail in the garden tractor tire so we have a goodly pile to dump tomorrow after a quick trip to pickup inner-tubes (and a longer try at changing the tubes out.)

258 Pots

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Changing tubes is a pain, the previous owner liked to put nails and spikes everywhere and left many on the dirt floor of the garage and barn. I can find a nail or a screw every-time I'm out there and I rake it often, unreal...

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
How about attaching several cow magnets to your rake. As you rake, the nails, screws, etc will jump at the chance to be personally admired by you. :p

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 3 buckets of glass shards, nails, shreds of metal, but mostly glass. I was throwing it away, but there's gotta be something I can do with it. Save the nails and screws, glue to a board and make signs. NO LITTERING comes to mind......

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used an old speaker as a "nail getter." The parking area at one garden has a stack of what was once, old fence boards, nearby. Too nearby!

The cow magnets on a rake is a good idea, Bob.

After pulling the speaker out of its housing,
I bolted it to an old weedwhip. Dragging it backwards works. I suppose I could still use it as a whip but I might throw the nails and screws over the fence and into the parking area next door.

Steve

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That picture is what @MontyJ was waiting to see:
img_20150418_125248957_hdr-jpg.7096

Looks good to little olde me :).

Steve

Looks awfully tan to me. Hard to tell without a close up. Is it sawdust bedding?

Latest posts