It's official, I'm a real tractor chick!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It came with a plow like the one in the internet picture, but I don't think I'll be using it.
The main thing I'll be doing is pulling a trailer to transport stuff around instead of using the wheel barrow so much. I'm hoping to save wear and tear on my knee. I've been using the quad with a trailer and if the truth is to be laid out plain, I don't have an actual need for a tractor.
But I can find ways to make it useful. :)
And yes Journey, it's adorable!

I'll be careful, I know tractors can be dangerous.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom around these parts GREEN tractors are all the rage! There is club for John Deere tractor enthusiast and a big show each summer for refurbished Antique tractors. Always fun. Any make and model of tractor is welcome. DH took his Ford one summer when he had just started to work on it. Still looks the same all these years later! But it does run. And that is what counts.Right!

There is also a Cub club, and a forum or several, as we discovered when looking it up on line. The good thing is the easy availability of parts if you need them. My husband likes it as much as I do, which is good because he'll have to be the mechanic. His grandpa had one and he remembers it fondly.
I told the old retired farmer guy we bought it from that I know next to zero about tractors, but the important thing was that it's cute. :D

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Yep, we know what a Farmall Cub is. Strong things, the engine is very like the Model A Ford, I have one down stairs. Easy to work on can't destroy them, for flat ground they can't be beat.
We're happy for you. Where did you find it?

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts