It's official, I'm a real tractor chick!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, we know what a Farmall Cub is. Strong things, the engine is very like the Model A Ford, I have one down stairs. Easy to work on can't destroy them, for flat ground they can't be beat.
We're happy for you. Where did you find it?

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I've been keeping half an eye out for one on CL after missing out on one in our neighborhood some time back.
This one was parked by the road when Kid#1 was working with me Wednesday. I did a U turn and got out to walk around it. At home I mentioned it to my husband and he asked if I wanted to go back to town and look at it. Well Yeah!!
We went, I called, and we bought! The guy actually had 4 of them, and this one hadn't been as cleaned up as the others, but he said it ran good, and my husband preferred it. It was as cute as the others so it was fine with me. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, so they have others. I'm sure one of them has my name on it. ;)I would love to have one. I'll mention it to my husband at dinner tonight. :DCan't wait to see his expression. One of his lines is "If you really want it, get it". :fl

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, so they have others. I'm sure one of them has my name on it. ;)I would love to have one. I'll mention it to my husband at dinner tonight. :DCan't wait to see his expression. One of his lines is "If you really want it, get it". :fl

Mary

Oh you definitely need a tractor Mary! :lol:
I'm sure painting it chartreuse would be no problem at all either.
Why don't you come up here and stay with me and we'll go tractor shopping? I think it would look perfect in your backyard by the kids play house. :D

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so EXCITED for you!!! YAY!!! You will wonder how you got along without your tractor. Happy! Happy! Happy! I am sending tractor hugs! WHOO-HOO!!!!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so EXCITED for you!!! YAY!!! You will wonder how you got along without your tractor. Happy! Happy! Happy! I am sending tractor hugs! WHOO-HOO!!!!

Thanks @baymule , fellow Tractor Chick! :)
Mine is not going to be the work horse your Kubota is. More like a glorified wheelbarrow I can sit on. I won't have implements, at least not for awhile. But if it can be dragged with a chain or put in a trailer I'm going to be all over it!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucky you!! We have 2 oldies. You are going to love having that! We have pulled up tree trunks, moved gigantic tv's to the dumpster, plowed the garden, used it with a post hole digger, plowed snow with it, moved bee hives...It can literally plow my garden in less than an hour. That is a 2 day job, with a tiller. Congrats!!

Latest posts