Mobile Home Goddess

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a shot of the completed painted walls. The wood pile is the floors. I could have got a better shot, but was collapsed in my fancy folding chair blowing my runny nose. :gigThe vinyl flooring in the bottom of the picture is pulled up and gone now. The paint is Sherwin Williams. Wall color is Kiliam Beige, ceiling is Devine White and trim is just a shiny white gloss. That awful ceiling light fixture has to go! I need to find a deal on ceiling fans!

House painted walls.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya'll cross your fingers :fl for me and chant something to the Mobile Home Goddess. Anything. Will. Do.

Going up there this afternoon, DD and I will start laying that big pile of wood on the floor tomorrow. Saturday, DSIL will join in the fun, Saturday evening, I'll come back home. Still not back up to feeling great, but I have willing and AVAILABLE help, so I must go!

See ya'll Saturday night, with pics!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
om mani padme hum

May your path be an indivisible union of method and wisdom.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got home last night. My daughter and I worked a few hours Friday, getting started and realizing we needed more tools. Saturday, DD, DSIL and grand daughter went to the house and I got pointers on laying wood floors. The easy part is slapping down boards in the middle of the floor. The hard part is cutting in on doorways and not messing up the board. We got most of the master bedroom done. When it is all done, whitewashed and 3 coats of polyurethane on it, it will be beautiful. Right now, I think I need my head examined for getting unfinished pine flooring. My DH has a long weekend after Christmas, so he is going with me to work on the house. He wants to hire a couple of day laborers and get all the trash, the 3 sofas, the above ground pool liner, the toilets, the wad of wire, assorted garbage, big and small chunks all picked up, loaded on the trailer so we can get rid of it.

Floor.jpg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, your husband has a good idea in hiring some day laborers. Sometimes you just can't do it all. You will see alot of progress once all that junk is gone.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, your husband has a good idea in hiring some day laborers. Sometimes you just can't do it all. You will see alot of progress once all that junk is gone.

Mary
Now is the perfect time, the leaves have fallen, green vegetation that obscured the view is gone now and we can SEE all that awful crap. He has been itching to get it all cleaned up! (then I can run my tractor through there and bush hog it real good and get rid of the brush and briar vines)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He's right better to get rid of it now so when it's time to plant you're not battling with that stuff. Sometimes the hardest part is knowing what to do when.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Take a picture of all that junk before you clean up, then another one when you bush hog it. BTW, what is bush hog? :rolleyes: Chopping down the weeds or rottotilling it?

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary a bush hog is a heavy duty mower the tractor pulls. The tractor power turns the blade and it will cut down heavy brush and small trees. Here is a pic of it when we bought it, I will try to get a better pic for you next time we go up there.

Tractor.jpg