Mobile Home Goddess

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The problem almost certainly had to be there somewhere. If the Kilz covered the walls, then the walls couldn't affect the paint. What was the temperature and humidity? Sometimes environmental factors can cause what you saw.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The problem almost certainly had to be there somewhere. If the Kilz covered the walls, then the walls couldn't affect the paint. What was the temperature and humidity? Sometimes environmental factors can cause what you saw.
It was cold, but I had the heat on. It's just one of those :barnie

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm back home, kicked back in my recliner. I have a glass of Llano Sweet Red wine and life is good. :thumbsup

http://llanowine.com/index.php?page...category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=30

The second coat is looking good, there are still small clusters of tiny white pin dots, but they are hard to see. So I have reached the conclusion that if all anybody has to do with their empty life is scan my walls looking for white pin dots of failure on the Great Paint Escapade, then obviously they are useless parasites on society and should be wrapped in dirty paper towels and dumped in the lake. ;)

I actually have the master bedroom, 2 closets and bathroom, DONE. As in finished. Two coats of paint on the walls and 2 coats on the trim, doors and crown moldings. Also have the living room done. Progress. Still need to put second coat on the other two bedrooms, plus trim, doors and moldings. Then I can start putting down the floors.

Ordered 587 white pine tongue and groove boards, got 610. Daughter took a couple home with her today to experiment on. We are deciding on a whitewash or pickled finish, then polyurethane. Still a lot of prep work to be done before can start laying the floor.

View attachment 5467

Note the fancy folding chairs in the background, one of those and an empty 5 gallon paint bucket makes a passable recliner. :lol:

I'll go back next Wednesday to finish painting. Maybe be able to start on floors. :fl

This might turn out ok. My Imitation Farm House Pseudo Doublewide. :gig
I vote for *Pickled Pine!* It is really going to look great when you are done. :thumbsup

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm back home. I have utterly exhausted myself and got a head cold. :he My DD and DSIL were to help me start laying floors this morning, but they convinced me to just go home and rest. Being as I felt like the car that people pay a dollar to beat with a baseball bat at a carnival, I agreed and came home.

But I did finish the painting! :weeeI got a second coat on the walls and 2 coats of high gloss white on all the trim and doors. I unwrapped the kitchen cabinets and windows from their plastic coverings and peeled the blue painters tape off everything. It looks real nice.

Yesterday I prepped for putting down the pine floor. I cut the closet, bathroom and kitchen vinyl in 3'x3' squares, folded, stomped and put the pieces in garbage bags. I scooted around the base of the walls, removing more carpet fuzzies and foam padding. I pulled staples and shop-vac'ed the sub floors. They are now clean and ready for their new pine floors.

I am planning on going back Wednesday or Thursday to begin laying the floors. Once they get put down, stained and 3 coats of polyurethane, then I'll turn my attention to the bathroom and utility room floors.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you're really getting some traction now. Must have been a contented sigh somewhere in there after pulling all the tape and plastic off. Your floors are going to be awesome! I would love wood, but we track enough water and tiny pebbles in that we opted for ceramic tile.

Hope you bounce back quickly- eat your garlic!
Looking forward to more pics when you get your floor in. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
bay, glad you're getting work done and are continuing moving forward. I'm curious, do you have your projects written down on the calendar to give you a time frame? Are you half way done yet?

Get plenty of rest and hope you feel better soon.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary no, I don't have projects written down on paper with time frames. I do have a master list, that get revised regularly. My idea of how fast things should get done and reality are miles apart. :gig

Half way done? Mmmmm...... don't think so. On just the house, I think I am over the hump and on the downhill slide. Need to lay the wood floors, stain and polyurethane. Then figure out what to do in the 2 bathrooms and utility room floors. Since I am not putting the awful wire racks back up in the closets, I'll have to figure that out too. For the master closet, I am thinking closet organizer, maybe Ikea or maybe I'll just build one. I'm tossing around the idea of making one closet a sewing room, they are certainly big enough. Then I could just close the door on the mess. :thumbsup

Outside? Well, I DO have a gate hung across the driveway.......

From moving at the end of the year, I have revised it to February. First, end, middle, I really don't care. Just whenever I get everything done.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whoa @baymule Are you the Energizer Bunny? I swear you have more done in the last month than we did in 20 years!!!! (I wish I was kidding.)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whoa @baymule Are you the Energizer Bunny? I swear you have more done in the last month than we did in 20 years!!!! (I wish I was kidding.)
Haha Carol! I have always been like this. I just go until I drop. I am in the drop part right now. :lol::lol: (cough, hack, cough)

Latest posts