Mom is in Hospice Care

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry but something we will or have faced-I know the pain is still there.

Be careful with Hospice IF the nursing home is being paid for by her SS or Medicare. Hospice will get the payments switched to them instead of care center. They tried on my Mom. I cancelled their "service" as fast as I could. Most people have good stories about Hospice, mine HORROR story.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
They just have to get the billing straight. And Hospice starts supplying all the meds, not the nursing home. We did it with my mom without problems. Seedcorn, it sounds like in your case, someone at the nursing home dropped the ball. I don't know how long Hospice has been allowed to operate in nursing homes, but I am sure they had to get the bugs worked out. Too bad it was your family that got caught up in the confusion.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, 100% on Hospice. They promised they would move my mom to a home where there were living quarters for family plus nurses on staff, Meds, etc. Went to visit facility-very nice, & I do mean VERY NICE. I was told by director that my Mom would NOT get one of the empty rooms since she was in nursing home. I asked so what was I paying for? Her response, we'll help your mom die and help you grieve...... Meanwhile, they switched ALL my Mom's SS, Medicare, insurance to Hospice.......

Went to nursing home for help, they got me out of it in 5 minutes. Went back to her room, woman preacher there visiting with mom. As soon as I told her money cut off, she could get out of that room fast enough!!!!!! Tell me she is not in it for the $$$$$. Lord's work, she is bad as whore. Hospice is not to be trusted without looking over contracts with lawyer. As you cann tell, I'm still bitter over it. Bay, I feel your pain.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shakespeare said something like,

Everyone living is just passing through Nature on their way to Eternity.

May God bless You, Bay' and everyone there with you.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, it brought tears to my eyes reading this. I know how much you have done for your mom and how much she means to you. May God's strength and peace be with you.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have my deepest sympathy regarding your current situation with Mom. One of the hardest things we have to do is tend to our parents' needs. It's just not the way things are "supposed to be".

One of the hardest conundrums to get through is that the pain meds themselves can result in a failure to thrive. You are doing all you can for her now. Let the peace of knowing that set your mind at ease.

Prayers for you, your family, and for your mother that this trying time strengthens your family and eases your mother's transition.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm so very sorry to hear this Bay. It also hurts me to see you say her dignity is shattered. One definition of dignity is:

"the state or quality of being worthy of honor or respect."

You, my dear friend, have brought more dignity to your mother than anything in her current situation could ever diminish. She raised you, her daughter, into an amazingly wonderful woman who has the love and respect of everyone here. You, by the life you live and the love and kindness you show to others, is a marble tribute to your mother. The person you are, by way of her upbringing, makes her more than worthy of anyone's honor and respect. Nothing can take that away.

Our prayers will be with you during this difficult time. And, once in Heaven, your dear mother will shine down on you and smile saying "That's my girl."

Latest posts