Mom is in Hospice Care

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs Myheart aches for you so much. So glad you where there to see her HOME. :hugsGod is good. You where a wonderful daughter. :hugsHugs and prayers.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning I feel relief for Mom. My husband and I sat with Mom until she drew her last ragged breath. She is at peace, no more pain and misery.

The funeral home in Livingston called one in Tyler to pick Mom up because they knew we were waiting on them to come. It's a 3 hour trip and they didn't want us to wait that long. We were struck by the consideration. Many of the nursing home staff came to us with hugs and tears in their eyes. Everyone was so kind.

Mom is free.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning I feel relief for Mom. My husband and I sat with Mom until she drew her last ragged breath. She is at peace, no more pain and misery.

The funeral home in Livingston called one in Tyler to pick Mom up because they knew we were waiting on them to come. It's a 3 hour trip and they didn't want us to wait that long. We were struck by the consideration. Many of the nursing home staff came to us with hugs and tears in their eyes. Everyone was so kind.

Mom is free.
We also had very wonderful Funeral home assistance and Hospice caregivers. So glad that will be easier too with pre planning. Now be sure to take care of yourself and remember you are loved by so many here at TEG that wish we could give you :hugsthese hugs :hugs in person.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
She is gone
Then many prayers were answered for your mother. God is good.

Still, you will be grieving for the mother you love, remember, and lost. Prayers will continue for you and her family through this difficult period. No matter how or when a loved one passes, it seems too soon for those that love them. Not necessarily that you wish she lived longer in sickness and pain, but that you didn't have had more time with her in good health.

I don't remember who mentioned guilt but, being Catholic, I identified with those comments. Don't let yourself fall into those feelings. You did everything you could for your mother in love and concern. Now she is at peace and would want you to find peace as well.

God bless!

Latest posts