My strange remuddled house

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I lived in "new housing," once.

For 3 weeks, I lived under a fir tree. Well, I slept under the tree. After that, I lived in my new woodshed/cellar/chicken house. Well, I lived in the woodshed. My brother had the nerve to give me a flock of hens as soon as I got the thing built :rolleyes: .

The remainder of the summer, I built a barn. That winter, I lived in the loft of the barn. The next year, I built a cabin. I can't remember if I had running water that year. Well, I had running water ... in the garden.

Congratulations on NO mortgage, @moxies_chickienuggets ! Did your house sit empty a long time?

Steve

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The owners had both passed away by 2005. Then, one of the deceased wifes relatives decided he could live in it, as a squatter. He did that for 3 years. By 2009, the bank repo'd the house...and the local county PD came by to evict him..and his dog. We found it in 2010...put a bid on it in April. Bid was accepted by the end of May. Had house keys by the end of June.
I insisted on pictures because the place was so bad...I didn't think anyone would believe us just describing the mess.
We got it to livable condition. What, after all..do two middle aged people need anyways?
A bedroom.
A bathroom.
And a kitchen :gig

Oh...there's more to the story. Much more :hide

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can so empathize with you Moxie! Been there done that too...lol.
But without the snake bit.
Unfortunately, we had a mortgage on ours. But we were still young enough to tough it out, and we loved camping so it was a good fit.

I have to admit though, that camping lost it's shine for me for several years. Maybe it was because I was cooking on the camp stove in the house, and when we took it on camping trips it had sort of lost it's charm....

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
9 snakes !!!! Please tell me they where outside.
Let me see.....no...3 of them were INSIDE the house. 1 on the laundry porch, on was slithering past the kitchen door when my hubby opened it to go inside, and the black racer that wanted to sleep with us :lol:

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What's funny,.......as hubby and I were moving my things down to the house....he almost ran over a snake just down the road. We pull up to the property....and he say's.... "No worry. I haven't seen one snake in the whole 15 years I have lived in SC" :old

Latest posts