Need To Rant UpDate Milio Going to New Home

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
labs have high energy,,,, you jest..... this poor couch has gone through 3 labs or lab/mix puppies, so happy when they hit 3 years old.
View attachment 5643
we call it "the scarecrow" "from wizard of oz" just re-stuff it, good for another puppy
needless to say that lab needs a good home in the country, no lab desives living in the city...
Oh gosh, that picture does remind me of our old Lab, Danny. He tore up stuff we didn't even know we had until we found the remains. He ate the window screens off the house, chewed through the TV cable wire, water hoses, the list is endless. He chewed through the garage door and destroyed 15 bags of horse feed. Sure miss him..... (got another one) LOL

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh gosh, we're keeping our eye out for a dog with the appropriate personality to fit in our family. Labs are at the top of our list, we would definitely have considered meeting this pup NYBOY! We're being pretty particular, since we want a young-ish dog this time around. We've done a lot of "doggie hospice" and senior adoptions over the past few years, we're ready for a change from that. We just have to find one to meet Lucydog's approval! Good for you for taking care of this pup, and I agree - try to get some kind of signed paperwork from the owner.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy Lucky dog to be left in your care. You will do the right thing for him. :hugs
@majorcatfish that photo cracked me up. The cat looks like *Geez dogs!* We had a lab that chewed/ate everything. Chewed off porch rail, corner of steps, table legs, anything plastic the list was LONG. New dog is s hunting breed he was WORSE!!!! Puppies. :hu

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
So true, that he is a lucky dog to have been left with you! I had a coworker ask me to watch her female doberman for a month- when she was in between apartments. I asked if the dog was neutered. "Oh, yes" was the response. Well, surprise, surprise the dog was not neutered and she never called, nor came by for the dog. The little darling ended up growing old with me. Give me a dog over a person, any day!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Update I have been leaving messages on owner voice mail. Said I have to great homes, the dog could go to please call me. I just tried calling again, phone has been turned off or changed. Now I can not give away dog. For legal reasons there is a whole process I must follow. Will take weeks if not months. Oh did I mention owner is a lawyer.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Update I have been leaving messages on owner voice mail. Said I have to great homes, the dog could go to please call me. I just tried calling again, phone has been turned off or changed. Now I can not give away dog. For legal reasons there is a whole process I must follow. Will take weeks if not months. Oh did I mention owner is a lawyer.

Wow. That's so disappointing, for you, the dog, and his potential family.
From our work experiences, lawyers are our least favorite clients. The 3 times DH has been ripped off for his labor it has been twice by attorneys and once by an M.D..

Is it a possibility, thinking of any future occurrences like this, to have your boarders sign paperwork that if their dog isn't picked up within a given amount of time that you become the owner and are free to rehome the dog without repercussion? Or do you already have that wording in your contract? I know legalities can be very convoluted.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would call this an abandoned pet. Perhaps the new owners will take possession knowing it is a risky ownership. Keep track of the time and the bill. I would think the bill would be more than the cost of the dog by now. I pay $27.00 a day for my vet to board my dog. What happens if the dog needs vet care?