Repair or Dump

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We took my tiller to a small engine repair guy out in the boonies last Saturday. He was a retired County road grader. Fun guy to talk to! We felt like we made a new friend. When we go to pickup the tiller, we'll take the snow blower and the two shredders. Yeah, going to keep him busy...:rolleyes:
I don't know what you should do NYboy, I just wanted to talk about our fun day dropping off my tiller.:p

Last edited:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once went to a house to buy 2 fig trees listed on CL. I knew when I parked car, older Italians lived there ( tomato plants lined the walkway to front door)I met the nicest older couple spent about 1 hour talking to them.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
When we cleaned out my FIL's house, we found an old push mower that had been a return to Lowes maybe 15 years ago. BIL had gotten it free or nearly, and took to FIL. It sat there for all those years unused. DH took it home and did some very minor maintenance...maybe changed the sparkplug...and it started right up. He gave it to my #2 son, who reports that it "run like a scalded dog."

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Take it to get repaired. If you have a good repair service, like I do, they will check Everything on your mower and replace any parts that need to be.
I dont' trust myself to repair or replace the blade. I run through push mowers, and I use a bag push mower, which is even harder on it. The push mower that I prefer (since I own two, now, one as a backup), has a Honda motorcycle engine and it mulches. Often I hear it readying to dump any grass sticking to the sides, so I stop pushing it and let it clean itself out. If I don't put on the blade correctly, it will cut off my feet!
I depend upon them to get my mowers all ready for the season.

Last edited:

Latest posts