Repair or Dump

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK... option #1 then ... Get an environmental impact report, hire a structural engineer, hire an architect to draw up plans, consult with OSHA to make sure that it will be safe, hire a general contractor with experience in building safe bridges, make sure that his crew is union represented, make sure that the contractor has a workaman's comp. insurance policy, send a notice to the nosy lady accross the street informing of the construction activity, take out a second mortgage to pay for the bridge improvements. Allow the city / county building inspectors full access to you property. Wear a hard hat when you inspect the work being performed and take lots of photos to post here for our viewing pleasure. Send letter with attached photos of the finished bridge to your HO insurance policy for their records. Invite all of your friends and city / county officials. When work is complete, have your friend Christion the new and improved bridge with a bottle of Champagne. Have hot tub and BBQ party to memorialize the event. Easy peasy to have peace of mind ! :) :cool:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Option #2 Post "Use at your own risk" sign. I would put roping to keep people from getting to the unsafe edges. Show them the alternative -- through the stream -- path and let them decide.

Personally, I'd have the bridge redone enough to insure it is safe for both pedestrians and garden machinery. I don't think that would be overly expensive.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy has a handyman and a HANDYMAN. The first, his nephew, is great for work that is heavy or tedious. The second is for professional quality like the dormers or the newly redone sun house.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hoping fire will keep friends from edge, need new wicks and oil
DSCF0549.JPG
DSCF0548.JPG