Summer project #2

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Progress comes in small increments . . . Cutting the concrete floor for the sump pump basin. Old concrete (hard as rock) 8" thick. Whew!!!

These two were my helpers today.
GEDC2157.JPG
GEDC2160.JPG

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smiles Jr. I imagine they had some fun running the jack hammer. BUT... I wish they had on more foot protection! (It is a Mom thing.) :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Spotted the same thing, Carol. However, I had occasion to use one of those tools recently and I'm guessing those helpers didn't get more done than a photo shoot. That is not a toy! It is hard work getting through 8 inches of concrete and (be honest, Smiles) they didn't do it.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh no! Those pix are set up for a photo shoot. They could hardly hold the hammer up vertical much less squeeze the trigger. That silly hammer just about did me in! It's fine during the drilling/chiseling but every 10 or 20 seconds I had to lift it out of the hole it made to start another. My back is killing me. Why do I tackle these projects - they're going to be the death of me :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh no! Those pix are set up for a photo shoot. They could hardly hold the hammer up vertical much less squeeze the trigger. That silly hammer just about did me in! It's fine during the drilling/chiseling but every 10 or 20 seconds I had to lift it out of the hole it made to start another. My back is killing me. Why do I tackle these projects - they're going to be the death of me :)
Thank goodness the project will be worth every aching muscle when you get it done.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's a serious project you're undertaking there Smiles! Good thing you have plenty of able bodied help ;)

Oh, and Bay:

I can't see pics on this stupid phone anyway. Notifications says I have 7 updates, but when I try to update, I get another notification that phone is outdated and I need to update it. I REALLY NEED THAT ANGRY SMILEY HERE!!! :he :somad :mad: :he

I love the idea of using the old cisterns for a root cellar. Your house sounds like it has a lot of character.

I took care of that for ya ;)

Latest posts