Summer project #2

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
She pays for the tower and can offer up to nine neighbors the opportunity to pay her something for their service -- few neighbors near by and terrain that makes reception/transmission difficult at best.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Can you not get internet through a satellite provider? Or maybe use your phone as a mobile hot spot? Surely the Queen has some kind of options. If not...Off with their heads!

...I'm coloring as fast as I can.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have applied to another company. They will set a site assessment appointment and tell me how much for a tower.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Speaking of towers, I have an old Navy buddy in Oklahoma who put the first cell tower in his county back in the '90s. It payed him so well that he purchased a small piece of land in another county and built another tower. Well, as you may have suspected, he owns 61 towers (last I talked to him) in OK, MO and AR. I don't know how these things work business wise but I think he contracts with Verizon and AT&T. At 40 he retired from his pipeline business and gave it to his employees - he now sits back and collects 61 handsome checks every month. He contracts out all the maintenance work to local people in each area. He also has an elk farm of 1,000 acres +/- and does quite well with that also. At 50 years of age he's a multi-millionaire.

When God was giving out brains I misunderstood Him and thought He said trains. I replied "no thanks, I have an old Lionel hand-me-down at home".