The Fast Metablism Diet

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good luck on this diet. I bet there are a lot of people pulling our their hair that you weigh 123 lbs. and are dieting. But I get the wish to remove the belly fat. I have had great success with the "Eat right for your type diet." Lost that middle aged belly bulge.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Bay! Cat, I should actually weigh around 107 for my small frame. I weighed 90 lbs when I got married at the age of 25. Back then I was too skinny and ate everything trying to gain weight. Now I do the opposite. :(

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
So is this diet intended to raise your metabolism as long as you're on it, or does it stay elevated when you go back to a more usual diet.
Or are you going to eat this way forever?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
You revisit the diet for maintenance later on and do just a week or two at a time. It's pretty much clean eating with low portions. On special occassions you can go out to dinner and have desert because your fast matabolism will burn all of it and non will be stored as fat. I'm just curious if it will work. She talks alot of how stress triggers hormones and how hormones trigger everything. It's not about calories in and calories out. It's about burning them and not storing them.

Mary

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This sounds interesting. It is great that you take good care of your health.
I am small frame also, and while I like the size I am, I'd like to gain weight in the form of muscle. It is so hard to make time to work out on the weekdays.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm 40 lbs over my normal these last 8 years or so. As I turn 60 in a couple of months, the belly fat is the worst. I hope to try to cut down on yummy whole grain bread, full fat cheese and try to reduce the amount of cheap wine I drink. I'm not enamoured with cookies or baked goods, thank goodness!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Buckabucka, the only way you will gain muscle is to lift weights. You can buy small light barbells at Ross or Tjmax and start with those. You can also do lunges and pushups. I would start with just 15 minutes.

murphysranch, I love to eat especially good cheeses and baked goods. My rule of thumb for baked goods is that they have to be worth the calories. I threw away cookies given to me at Christmas and cupcakes that another parent brought me. I'm 60 and at our age that belly fat is soooooo hard to get rid of. I've gained some weight the last 3 months because I changed my workouts from cardio to weightlifting and started eating stuff I shouldn't. But I'm going to see if this diet works.

After 2 days this diet has been hard. I am hungry and feel that the meals do not fill me up. Tonight I'm making bell peppers stuffed with lean ground beef and will freeze them. Wednesday and Thursday I can only eat protein and veggies. Going to make an egg white scramble for breakfast, maybe have a couple slices of turkey with cucumber slices for am snack, and a bell pepper for lunch, buffalo jerky for pm snack. Dinner will be pork tenderloin with cauliflower. Portions recommened are small but I think I can increase them alittle.

Mary

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm glad you suggested starting with 15 minutes, because that is about as long as I last using weights! If I could get some consistency with it, I'd probably get stronger. I think I need more protein. I don't eat much meat, so I've been trying to snack using cottage cheese.

I'll be interested to see how your diet works out. I have horrible will power, so even two days seems admirable!

Latest posts