What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A whole bunch of onion starts. More than a "bunch" - a mega-load! Well, several hands full . . . but, they are tiny!

The cloudy sky sprinkled rain on them after that. It was just what the "meadow" of onion starts needed. That sprinkle, if it turns to rain and wind, will determine whether DW and I go back to plant another meadow of onions today.

Also, a bed of peas went in. This is the longest bed of peas I've ever planted! It will be a challenge to build a trellis that can stand up to the weight of the vines and the wind resistance that planting is gonna have!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunflowers!

Lots of little seedlings! So much wind! At one point, an empty tray liner flew across the bed I was planting and hit me in the face! Luckily, it was only dirty. Oh, the things we do for flowers. . .

Some mornings this week forecast to be in the 30's but mostly, a little stormy. Maybe the asters can join the snapdragons and sunflowers but I haven't grown celosia enuf to know it's hardiness. The marigolds and, certainly, the zinnias had better wait another week or longer. Time to get the glads in . . . more shovel work :\.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted Voilet's Multicolored Butterbeans today. The last ones are gone out of the freezer.......I'll be out there in the morning to see if they've come up yet. :lol:

TheArcane

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Today I planted some German Thyme, and some English Thyme, as well as some Sweet Basil around my Black Cherry Tomatoes.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The garden finally drained enough to plant onion starts and then, it rained. Tomorrow I hope to plant spinach... or maybe rice :D

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:lol: That would funnier if it weren't so close to the truth. You're having storms again. Please be safe.:hide

Thanks! Tornado warnings are about 50 miles west, but headed this way ... lots of rain today, the pond is up to the road, and in my yard ... :tongue

Confirmed tornado again... hope everyone is safe!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We know that the tornadoes did NOT show up in Lavender's yard because she was here yesterday talking about pond plans :).

I had bean seeds in the mailbox (!) from @Bluejay77 but they will have to wait a few weeks. Perpetual Spinach! I need to find the Perpetual Spinach seed!

Steve

Last edited:

Latest posts