What Color is Your Front Door ?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My front door is glass, but my back door is a very bright, light green. I had kind of a mustard yellow on my old house, and I painted 12 doors a periwinkle blue (on property we manage.) I don't do boring!! If I am going to paint, it will probably be visible from outer space! Since your door is new wood- you could stain it for now, and paint it in a couple of years, when you are tired of it...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom and @Nyboy That DOES not work on DH who is a commercial / industrial painter by trade. I wanted front porch painted. He says *Go Ahead* I struggled, I slopped, I sweated. It looks like it. :( Needs redoing now as it is peeling. It took me most of a week to do what he could have knocked off in 1/2 a day. Then he has the nerve to CRITIQUE. :somad

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Or front and side doors are painted bright red on the outside, cream on the inside (same as the wall). Black painted cast iron latch and fittings, brass for the inner twist locks and the latch to separate the halves (they're both Dutch doors) The one on the patio (which is technically our back door, I suppose) is white as are the garage doors.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
A dark muted purple looks nice. I have a white door for a few reasons. I have a screen door that hides much of the door. Plus it is under a wrap around farmers porch so it is in shadow much of the time. Though, I painted the ceiling sky blue so maybe that would add something to my door.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
A nice mossy, woodsy looking green would go well with that house color. The green second from the right in this pic...

MossTones_1.png

Latest posts