What Color is Your Front Door ?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh darn, but yeah it takes a certain type of house to pull off a pink door. :D

After painting my sewing room three times and still having to learn to like the color, I learned something. If I'm going for a darker color, I pick a shade in the store, then pick the next 5 shades darker and bring the chips home to compare in the actual light. Tape them to the wall and look at them for a couple of days. I always go with a different shade than my first choice. Lighter shades, same thing.

My new door is a brown steel door, house is brown cedar... the door had a pretty window and was the right price, metal threshold also, so no more dealing with rotting wood and painting.
Sewing room is 'hurt your eyes yellow', that will change when my desire to paint something returns.

frontiergirl53

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh my, I have a TAN door with TAN paint on the house with TAN trimming with TAN limestone for the front of our garage with redish-TAN roofing shingles and a TAN walkway to the front of our house with TAN designs on top of the upstairs window. I think our home owner is obsessed with tan. TAN OVERLOAD! Lol. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but maybe a rusty cherry red? I don't know, that's a hard one!

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think it is funny that making a decsion on paint colors is hard. I buy the cans of mis-tints :hu.
MIL painted the back of their house 4 times before finding the right color.
I have decided that I am just lazy ... I would rather live with it than repaint ... ;)

Latest posts