What did YOU do in your garden today :P

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone was asking about Chandler blueberries. I just got a mailing today from Summerstone Nursery that listed them as well as a plethera of other fruits, veggies, perennials, and trees.

I've never ordered from this source out of Morrison, TN and none of their flier info indicates hardiness zones, but I'm checking out their website.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was able to get back from San Francisco earlier than I thought but still, all I did in the garden today was water it.
Tomorrow, back to work on that first back bed.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
This isn't something I did personally, but I had all the garden areas tilled by our neighbor with the tractor. I'm in Reds position with my tiller being under the weather and DH is sick so it's not high on his priority list.
This way it got done in an hour and I hope to be planting soon!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone was asking about Chandler blueberries. I just got a mailing today from Summerstone Nursery that listed them as well as a plethera of other fruits, veggies, perennials, and trees.

I've never ordered from this source out of Morrison, TN and none of their flier info indicates hardiness zones, but I'm checking out their website.
let me know if you order from them. i had checked them out a couple years ago on Dave's Garden Watchdog and at the time they didn't have good reviews. seems they are still hit or miss. http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/6774/

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
On coffee break. Did work rounds, then got the log that will make 3 more posts for the bed, 5" diameter, 12 foot "pecker pole". Got also an older thinner one that will be part of the side of the bed I'm building.

Espresso's ready now...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dandelion tea is good. I steep the dried petals with spearmint.
Trying to make half a batch. Labor intensive to get all the green out of the yellow. Picking, clipping ends easy.

Can I use gelatin instead if pectin?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lets see.. planted walking onions in the front flower bed. Got the scallop squash in around the crepe myrtles. Spaghetti squash is in around the edge of the iris bed. Watermelons in between the Rose of Sharons. Elephant ears in around the air conditioner. Mt. Rotmore flattened out, weeded a little and tomatoes planted up to their little necks! Hot peppers out among the day lilies. And the hammock hung.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@seedcorn , you should post in the harvest forum. I've had my yearly serving of dandelion greens. So bitter maybe they count as a spring tonic.

Hammocks, benches, swings all that important for gardens, Cane'!

I'm afraid that after a busy day in the greenhouse and moving "Hoopies" around the yard, I may need to make a run to the wind & rain swept garden. There are so many cool-season plants going root-bound because of avoiding the windy days.

Even a couple of hours will make a difference. All the joy of Mudville since so much soil will have to be moved with the way things were left by the tractor guy. Oh well, starting off again in the pleasant greenhouse where some tomatoes would appreciate some bambooCanes.

Steve :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
So far, I moved my stool, hoe, and allium (onion, garlic, shallots) sets into the garden. Amended one bed with last years chicken coop scraps before DH STRONGLY suggested a coffee break. Now I am hoping to get the deck cleaned before doing anything else. If I don't get it done soon, those dratted burr oak will be dropping things for the rest of the summer. Then back to the onion family.